I Love You
I got a consolation prize of a RM5 voucher from AUGUST MERDEKA&BIRTHDAY CONTEST that had by Valuebookshop.
I used it to buy the book "No, David!" by David Shannon from Valuebookshop.
I read to April on the night when I received the book.
April listened and paid full attention while I was reading page by page.
- "No, David," wails the off-stage mother, as David reaches for the cookie jar.
- David has tracked mud into is living room.
- "No! No! No!" as he makes a swamp out of the bathroom.
- "Come back here, David!" as he runs naked down the street
- " Not in the house, David!" as he was breaking household items while playing baseball inside the house.
- "That's enough" stuff his mouth full of food.
- "Settle down" he jumped on the bed.
- Finally, a broken vase leads to banishment to a chair in the corner and a tear on the cheek, which leads to a motherly hug and the best affirmation of all? "Yes, David...I love you!"
When I read till the last page, I could feel that April was holding her breath. Her eyes became red, and she smiled and held my arm in both her hands. I'm glad that I have chosen the right book for her, as she has given me the most touching response.
Besides, the vigorous and wacky full-color acrylic paintings portray a lively and imaginative boy whose stick-figure body conveys every nuance of anger, exuberance, defiance, and, best of all, the reassurance of his mother's unconditional love. This book is perfect for reading aloud. Children age 3-4 will relish the deliciously bad behavior and the warm and cuddly conclusion.