Soup of the month: eight-rarity/treasure soup

07:06 Yannie 3 Comments

Every month, 1 week after my menstrual cycle, I will cook myself Bazhen tang (八珍汤; literally "eight-rarity/treasure soup"). Some people boil it with chicken, but I seldom. It is fattening to take the chicken Bazhen soup, as the soup becomes oily. I usually cook it with only hard boiled eggs.

How to prepare:
1. Wash and toss the eight treasures (8 types of Chinese traditional medicine: 当归Angelica , 熟地Rehmannia, 川芎chuanxiong, 白芍TGP, 党参Codonopsis, 白术Atractylodes, 伏苓Cloud-ling, and 炙甘草Zhigancao).

2. Cook 4 or 5 eggs until it fully boiled. Remove the shell.

3. Put eggs and eight treasures into the slow cooker with 2 litres of water.

4. Boil it for 7 to 8 hours. Usually I will boil the soup over night, and will drink on the next morning.

Efficacy: it is good to heal fatigue, qi and blood deficiency. Besides, drink it every month can help to delay aging and menopause, at the same time to improve the skin and general well-being.

3 comments:

  1. The eggs look delicious, though I'm not sure I'll like the soup. Will try to boil it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it is advisable to take after every menstrual cycle, in order to help regenerating the blood cells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 8Chan with eggs too. 8Chan can help to regulate menses too. But very yeet hei after drinking. Sometimes I will have fever after drinking it!

    ReplyDelete