2009-07-21

Soup of the week 3

This weekend, we have this soup for my family. It was the watercress and melon soup. However, I forgot the name of the melon. It wasn't winter melon. I bought the melon as the vegetable seller told me that it was not as cold as winter melon, and it was good for the lung. Anyway, the appearance of the melon and its flesh were exactly the same as winter melon. If you know the name of the melon, please do let me know. I tried to google it, but failed. Ingredients:
1. Watercress
2. Melon
3. Red dates
4. Salt
5. Pork

This combination was really nice. The soup was so sweet. My children had very big bowl of rice this weekend.

Other dishes were carrot, bacon and sausage omelette
and fried cabbage with dried shrimp.
Although the above home cooked meal was very common dishes only, it was very special to us. As, they were all tasted very nice, yummy and a bit different from usual. Actually, I'm not praising my own cooking skill here, they were really delicious. Why?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
They were cooked by the only man in my house. The King of .........................................................................................the house.

1 comment:

  1. O.O the big secret is the big chef!
    Wakaka....bravo!

    ReplyDelete