Homemade Pancakes

04:54 Yannie 7 Comments

I remembered when I was young, I used to eat my late mother's homemade pancakes. Many times, I saw my colleague, Yvonne having her mother's homemade pancakes as her breakfast too. I want to try making the pancakes myself with the hope that my children will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed my mom's pancakes last time.

Ingredients:
100g Plain Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
30g Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
3 teaspoon of Condense Milk
30g Butter
200 ml water

Preparations:
Combine dry ingredients. Add milk, egg and butter. Mix until smooth.
Heat non-stick pan over medium heat until water beads.
Brush it with some butter. When the pan is hot, turn to low heat.
Pour pancake mixture in 1/4 cup amounts.
Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
Remove from heat when pancake stops steaming.
Repeat till all mixture are used up.
Serve with additional syrup if you like.
I didn't serve these to my colleagues this time, as I do not want them to be my always guinea pigs. Poor thing.
So, this time guinea pigs were my two girls. My little May was always the most discouraging one. I only gave her a small bite of the pancakes. After 5 minutes, the pancake was still in her mouth, and she told me that she wanted to spit it. At the end, she really spat in the toilet bowl. Were these pancakes really that bad? Not really wert! April took 2 big pieces of them, although she was still having some sore throat. Thanks for her support. LOL!

7 comments:

  1. hmm.. looking forward to try your pancakes.. it looks yummy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, sure, I will try to make it again and again, until it is really nice to eat, then only I bring to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, how come May didn't like it?
    It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know la! May be she was full that time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not true dear. May was just the first time trying, that's why she didn't like it. I'm sure she will enjoy it after a few more attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. maple syrup or strawberry jam or banana goes well with pancake.u may have some lemon juice on pancake too.maple syrup is my favorite

    ReplyDelete