2009-08-06

Soup of the week 5

I made shark fin melon soup again last week. This time I added the shark fin melon with the 6 flavors (六味) Chinese herbs.

Ingredients:
1 middle size shark fin melon
1 pack of 6 flavors which cost about RM4 from the neareast Chinese medical hall at my area
200g lean pork, blanched
Salt to taste
The shark fin melon had to skin and seed removed, then cut into smaller cubes. I put everything into the slow cooker, boiled for 3 to 4 hours.
Add salt only right before served.

Other than the soup, I also made another 2 dishes for my children. There were the fried egg with dried meat dice and stir fried spinach in gravy.
Ingredients:
Garlic
100g spinach
Source: 1 tablespoon Corn flour
1 teaspoon Sugar
1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
3 teaspoon Milk
3 tablespoon Water
Salt to taste
Preparation:
Heat oil in wok.
Stir fry garlic for 1 minute.
Add and stir fry spinach till half cooked.
Mix and add in the rest of the ingredients except salt.
Continue stir frying till sauce is almost dry.
Add salt to taste.
Dish and serve.
For more information on shark fin melon, please visit http://sheohyan.blogspot.com/2009/07/fish-fin-melon-or-spaghetti-squash.html
For the shark fin melon and watercress soup, please visit

2 comments:

  1. Does the spinach taste good with milk? You use fresh milk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As this was also my first time using milk in spinach, I used only a small amount of condense milk mixed with water.

    ReplyDelete