Soup of the week 6

04:06 Yannie 2 Comments

I find that it is good for me to blog what I cook on weekend in my blog, so that I won't keep repeating the dishes or soups for my family. At least, my children and hubb can try to taste a different varieties of dishes, as the mummy is trying to be more creative each week. Otherwise, these poor fellows have to take the same type of dishes and soups on every weekend, until they lost their good appetite towards my food.

I cooked Lotus Root soup with peanut this time. Ingredients:
4 pieces of pork ribs
1 section of lotus roots, skinned & sliced
1 piece dried octopus, cut into strips
4 red dated, seed removed
50g of peanut
salt for tasting

How to do it:
Blanch the pork ribs in boiling water then remove, repeat for a few round until the water is clearer.
In a slow cooker of water, add in the pork ribs, lotus roots, peanut, red dates and dried octopus.
Bring it to boil in high mode for 5 hours.
Add salt for tasting.
Serve.

Other dish was Fried Pork Belly (五花肉) with Potato
Ingredients:
1 Teaspoon Garlic, Grated
200 Pork Belly, Sliced in thiner layer
400g Potato, Peeled, Chopped Coarsely
50ml Boiled Water
Seasonings:
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Black Bean Sauce
5 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
100 ml Water
Preparations:
1. Heat the wok with oil.
2. Stir fry the garlic.
3. Add in the pork belly and continue to stir fry.
4. When the pork is almost cooked, add in the potatoes.
5. Add in water and the seasonings, stir fry to make everything mix evenly.
6. Lid the wok for 10 minutes.
7. Remove and serve.
This dish was appeared to be too black in color. The black bean souce in my kitchen will never use finish. Every time I have to throw the expired black bean souce in big bottle into the dustbin due to the lack of usage. Since I have chance to make use of it this time, I used it to the fullest. That is why my Fried Pork Belly with Potato so dark in color. Mind you. LOL!

2 comments: