2009-09-24

Raya Hari Kedua 2009

On Raya Hari Kedua, which was last Monday, Hubb needed to cover for his Malay colleague at job. I was alone at home babysitting my two princesses.
I bought these RM10 flowery home clothes from TESCO for my princesses. They were a bit too loose for them now.
After bathing and changing my princesses, I occupied myself with making the Chocolate coated Cornflakes, which I read from Wokkingmom and tasted from From Taiping With Love. Now was my turn to try it out.
Boil a wok of water. Turn the fire to low. Place a bigger heat proof bowl over the water.
Break chocolate and place inside bowl. Stir to melt the chocolate. Add in butter and stir to melt together with the chocolate.
Pour in the corn flakes. Stir gently, not to crush the corn flakes. Coat corn flakes well with chocolate.
Spoon chocolate coated cornflakes on to paper cups.
I had my children to sprinkle the colour chocolate balls over it.
They loved doing this job. They took turn to do it.
If they accidentally spilled the colour chocolate balls into the plate, they would dip them up with their finger and put them directly into the mouth.
Cool it to set in the refrigerator.
After the cookies were set in, store them into the container, and I still kept them in the refrigerator.
After all the hassle, it was time to prepare the meal. I was going to cook Japanese curry chicken.
Stir fried the grated garlics until they became golden brown. Pour in the chicken which I had marinated with soy source, salt and sugar for an hour in the refrigerator. Continue to stir fry until the chicken was cooked.
Then, put in the carrot and continue to stir fry for 5 minutes.
Pour in the Japanese curry and water. Lid the wok for 10 minutes. Remove from fire and serve.
Not forgetting the soup of the week, this was papaya with pork ribs soup. If you want to boil papaya soup, you have to use the papaya which is only 50% riped. The papaya with pork ribs soup was really sweet and delicious.After feeding my two princesses rice and soup, each of them got one chicken drumstick to chew on. They love chicken drumstick. My next attempt is to cook them some fried chicken drumsticks.
In the evening, after the dinner, I did some homework revision with April, as her final exam is around the corner.
It was still ample time before the bedtime, I occupied them with some colouring work.
That's all the things that we did on Raya second day. I guess I will keep updating on how I spent my Raya holidays until I get back to my routine working days. Hope you won't get bored.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chocolate cornflakes. it was yummy! hmm, basically i like all types of chocolate la.. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the that super crunchy cornflakes!!! yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley and Angeline,

    Sama-same, you are welcome.

    ReplyDelete