2009-10-27

Soup of the week: Swee corn and veggie soup

Some people may be on vegetarian for the first 9 days in the ninth month of Chinese Lunar. I was on vegetarian for the last 3 days of the Ninth Emperor's Birthday for a wish that I made to the Ninth Emperor God 2 years ago. I wish for good health for my family.

I started to eat vegetarian food on last Saturday until Monday. So, I decided to cook a vegetarian soup on the weekend.

The ingredients:
Sweet corn 1
Carrot 2
Cranberry beans 100g
Honey dates 2
Red dates 10

First time, the soup without meat looked so healthy and clear. My two princesses loved this soup too, as it was really sweet and nice. They just ate a big bowl of rice with this soup alone.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Looks like a type of dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a pinch of salt. It tasted like dessert without salt.

    ReplyDelete