2009-12-28

April's Two Front Teeth

What did you do on last Christmas eve? Hubb planned to treat us to the very famous Matang's seafood porridge for lunch. Since my youngest aunt (小姑,xiao gu) was just coming back from Australia for holidays, we invited her and also 2 of her friends along. My xiao gu is a health care consultant in Australia. She saw April having decay at her two front teeth, and she suspected that it was the symptoms of cavities. She wanted us to bring April to visit dentist immediately. Hubb and myself took her advice seriously and brought April to dentist right after our lunch.

To my utterly surprise, I only needed to pacify April for a while and bribed her with a new toy after the dental visit, April turned out to be the most cooperative child. She was so brave and making no fuss at all during the examine. Dentist said her teeth were not loose, and it could still wait for some other time to get it extracted. Since we had made the effort in convincing April for the dental visit, we didn't want the cavities to continue infecting other tooth, and the end causing pain to the gum. Besides, I could smell April's mouth having unexplained bad breath sometimes, regardless how thorough I brushed and cleaned them every morning and night. So her two front teeth were extracted finally. Though she lost her two front teeth, she was still able to laugh so hard at my babysitter's son's wedding dinner on boxing day.
Without the two front teeth, April is still my pretty princess and the most important thing that she has no more bad breath.

Some general knowledge on Cavities,
"Cavities are decayed areas of your teeth that develop into tiny openings or holes. Cavities, also called tooth decay or caries, are caused by a combination of factors, including not cleaning your teeth well, frequent snacking and sipping sugary drinks.
Cavities and tooth decay are one of the most common health problems around the world. They're especially common in children, but anyone who has teeth can get cavities, including infants and older adults.
If cavities aren't treated, they get larger and the decay can cause a severe toothache, infection, tooth loss and other complications. Regular dental visits and good brushing and flossing habits go a long way toward preventing cavities and tooth decay."

That's how our Christmas eve. I find this song is so right for April to learn and sing on this Christmas.

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth
Everybody pauses and stares at me
These two teeth are gone as you can see
I don't know just who to blame for this catastrophe!
But my one wish on Christmas Eve is as plain as it can be!

All I want for Christmas
is my two front teeth,
my two front teeth,
see my two front teeth
Gee, if I could only
have my two front teeth,
then I could wish you
"Merry Christmas."

It seems so long since I could say,
"Sister Susie sitting on a thistle!"
Gosh oh gee, how happy I'd be,
if I could only whistle (thhhh, thhhh)

All I want for Christmas
is my two front teeth,
my two front teeth,
see my two front teeth.

Gee, if I could only
have my two front teeth,
then I could wish you
"Merry Christmas!"

5 comments:

  1. heheehehee....she looks cute without the 2 front teeth :) April is such a brave girl. good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, good job April.. she's a tough girl..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb and Hayley, yes I am proud of her for being so brave during the tooth extraction process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

    ReplyDelete