2009-12-08

New Year 2010 Resolution

I have started to think of my New Year 2010 resolution a week ago. I have also reviewed my own resolution in Year 2008 and Year 2009.
I could see there were some similarities in both the previous year resolutions, which mean the resolution didn't successfully accomplish, otherwise they would not be any similarity planned.
I know myself quite well that I sometimes hate myself for being too harsh to my both darling daughters. I blame myself so many times for losing my temper and patience in front of them. My bad tantrum and limited patience have also stopped me from thinking to have another child.
So I have only ONE resolution for New Year 2010.
Be PATIENT to the ones I love.
Here, some quotes about Patience that I would like to keep in my heart and motivate myself.

“The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.”
Arnold H. Glasgow quotes
“Patience is the ability to count down before you blast off”

“The secret of patience is doing something else in the meanwhile”

“One minute of patience, ten years of peace”

“Patience is the courage of the conqueror, the strength of man against destiny”
Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton quotes

“He that can have Patience, can have what he will”
Benjamin Franklin quotes

“Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can, Seldom found in woman, Never found in man”
Why Patience is a virtue? (I really love the answer here)
Patience is a virtue because it makes us better people. The definition of the word is to tolerate delay. This implies self control and forbearance as opposed to wanting what we want when we want it. How many times have we jumped the gun and found out it would have been better to tolerate delay or had self control? What did we miss out on? Did we hurt someone we love because of lack of patience? Having patience will heal the wounds and it will work itself out fine. Patience is not only a virtue but a necessity for a happy existence.

4 comments:

  1. Patience to the one we loved is worth. but patience to the one we hate?? sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, patience is a power of endurance, be it to the one we loved or to the one we harted. As, the more patience we have, the higher the EQ we have, it is actually for our own goodness sake. Once we master this, we won't let those unpleasant people to get on our nerve so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also need the patience and I need lots of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, patience in fact is a key to success. Together we learn to be more patient. ok?

    ReplyDelete