2010-03-30

Japanese Curry Onion Omelet

It has been a long time that I didn't blog about what I cooked on the weekends. In fact, I still cook on most of the weekends. Just that, I didn't cook anything different from what I have blogged before. T___T.

I went to Sushi King for dinner last month, their new set has given me an idea on cooking.

Last Sunday
I stir-fried the mustard with Chinese sausage.
I got the idea to cook Japanese Curry Onion Omelet, after I have eaten the new Set of Chicken Curry Omelet and rice in Sushi King. But, I didn't put in chicken, I replaced it with onions.
Slice 2 middle size onions and set aside. Beaten 4 eggs in a bowl. Soak two Vermont Japanese curry cube in hot water.
Heat the wok with some oil. Stir fry the sliced onions for 5 minutes, or until it soft.
Pour in the eggs, lower the fire and continue to fry the omelet until the eggs turn slightly brown. Scope out the omelet and set aside in a plate. Pour in the Japanese curry and add in a glass of water. When the curry boiled, put the omelet back to the wok. Let all the stuff boil for 1 minute, then off the fire and ready to serve.
Other than Japanese Curry Omelet and stir fried Mustard, I also boiled the black beans soup with pork. Can you see the big container? It was the Chrysanthemum tea drinks that I specially boiled for April and May due to the recent hot weather
I used to boil the Chrysanthemum tea with crystal rock sugar, but the Chinese medical hall's owner told me that it is better to use the bee rock sugar.
His reasons are that bee rock sugar is able to adjust gastrointestinal tract, increase immunity, sooth the tooth pain and reduce the bronchitis effectively. Can you believe in its benefits?

9 comments:

  1. Wow the curry omelette looks really delicious! slurppp~

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree... curry omelette really looks yummy. i don't know the benefit of bee rock sugar, but no harm using it right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious! your such a pro chef. hehe

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. How does the curry omelette taste like? I love curry and omelette, but never attempt to put it together... you are such a darling mom that willing to try out something new!

    Btw, thanks for the bee rock sugar tip! I think my girl needs it cause she just recovered from her bronchitis! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayley, Yvonne, Jen and Alice Law, the Curry Omelet is very yummy, my daughters like it a lot. This is the time they ate a lot of onions and eggs. Btw, I want to clarify, I am not a good chef. Only 3 persons in this world are daring enough to be my food taster, you should know who i refer too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheoh Yan, wow! Your dishes looks sinfully delicious! I think I can clear 3 plates of rice easy, ha ha.
    Can see you have a Black Belt in cooking.
    If and when you make fish head curry, send me telegram, ha ha. Or hum choy pai kuat tong.

    There is nothing more appealing on this Earth than that of a beautiful mother, wife in the act of cooking for her loved ones.
    You have a nice day and keep well, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before reading your blogpost, I never knew about adding omelette and curry together. THanks for the idea! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, i haven't seen the bee rock sugar before. will keep a lookout for it. your curry egg is soooooo yummy-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uncle Lee, you are just too nice. I hope I didn't smell like a garlic to my husband. lol!

    Alice Phua, this is my first attempt. The omelet in Japanese curry really tasted not bad. You should try one day.

    ReplyDelete