2010-03-26

Start the day with a hearty breakfast

If you have followed me for some time, you should know by now that I am a woman who always complain about the weight gain and put on diet as the whole life mission. However, I don't skip my breakfast. When I wake up, I’ve been without food for 10-12 hours so I need to power up my body to meet the day. If I am not consuming the sustained nutrition of a balanced breakfast, and that puts stress on my body. Studies have also shown that if you skip breakfast, you may be more likely to make up those missed calories by over-eating later in the day. Not very desirable, right?

Healthy meals in general need to be balanced with proteins, good carbohydrates and healthy fats – and breakfast is no exception. The following pictures are my breakfasts on these 2 days.

On Thursday

Yvonne made me and also some other colleagues the American Breakfast. She made scrambled eggs, baked beans, steamed sausage and sliced luncheon meat. Awesome!
I had double breakfasts, as my husband prepared me some steamed Japanese sweet potatoes. I actually kept it for lunch that day, as I was too full with the American Breakfast. Hug!On Friday

My husband blended this glass of bananas milk smoothie for me before I left for the office. Kiss!
Again, I had double breakfasts, as Yvonne made us potatoes and onion salad with eggs. Yummy!
Got a favorite tip or some healthy motivation for eating breakfast? Let me hear about it!

10 comments:

  1. Yea, Yvonne is so kind to wake up early to prepare for us... such a nice colleague! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna distribute all the fat evenly between good friends =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley, she is too great.

    Yvonne, thanks for your fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your breakfast tips!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My breakfast is also the heaviest meal of the day. I also eat all the junkies I want to eat in the morning haha. Your hubby is so sweet to have made you the banana smoothie. Is he a health freak too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheoh Ya, nice blog you have. Was at Alice's blog when checking out noticed your lovely profile pic. I slammed my brakes and did a U turn, busybody over here.

    You have beautiful kids, with their mom's attractive good looks too, ahemmm.

    Good for you keeping an eye on your diet and figure.
    I have a gorgeous wife who for some reason or other no weight problems. She sometimes eat more than me too, ha ha.

    And yet...she can still put on the sarong kebaya the day she met me, and her blue cheong sum, the night I asked her to be my life partner.
    She doesn't weigh herself....once a year on her birthday, she puts on both dresses.
    If tight, she knows knows she's added, ha ha.
    So far so good.

    She eats vegetables like a rabbit, tau fu like a Japanese and lots of Chinese green tea.

    Looking at your lovely pic, you doing well. Keep it up, have fun and keep a song in your heart, best regards, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so blessed to have a great husband & great colleague who make you breakfast. i am so jealous :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh yes! Having a wholesome breastfast really helps in trimming the body , it also energize and gets us ready for the day's challenge! Very important!!
    ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, you are welcome.

    Shireen, I know that, i read it from your blog too, you are forever so health freak. He is not health, he is only neat freak. He is a supporter on my weight loss program, that is why he is making effort to show his support.

    Uncle Lee, I actually saw you before in my blog. May be my previous photos were too much different from now. lol! I read about you wife in your comment of Ai Lian's blog. Knowing that you have beautiful wife and you are a happy man. Thanks again for dropping by, and all your words make me so flattering.

    Barb, yes, I appreciate both of their love and care too.

    Alice Law, true. You are right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, shy to say, I'm not such a breakfast person becos my appetite is insignificant during breakfast. Prefer to merely drink a cup of full cream milk and not eat anything else. But if I eat, prefer something light (preferably something not oily) just to not let the stomach go empty, but don't want to feel full either.

    ReplyDelete