2010-04-01

6 year-old art work

My Princess April is celebrating her 6 year old Birthday next week. What has she been up to recently? She showed less interest in toys, be it Barbie dolls or LEGO. She didn't connect too much to TV, neither the online games.

Most of the evenings, when she was back from the nanny's house, she would take a piece paper and the color pens that I bought for her. She would start drawing. She would draw and draw until the dinner time.

These are all her creative drawings without any reference.

She loves drawing princesses. The princesses that she drew always have long hair, wear tiara, and hold flower.

Other than princesses, she also drew a fish tank which has 2 fishes, a boy in front a house and a sunset.

These are a busy road, a car, and a Hello Kitty.

Again, a princess, a seaside, and a castle.

Another good one is a cat and some butterflies in front of a house. Papa got her a document holder. April would punch the holes, and file all her drawings in the holder herself .

Besides drawing, April also spent her leisure time on colouring.

This is her Copy Colour book. From far, I really couldn't tell which one is the printed one, and which one is hers.
I adore her great interest in Art very much. She is very quiet when she is concentrating in her art work. She has less tantrum and less discipline problem now. Though she is getting more mature and steady, she is forever looked cute in my eyes.

15 comments:

  1. I can see your girl is pretty talented in art, those girls she drew are very sweet(doesn't look like it comes from a 6 y.o)! The colouring are one of the best I have seen too, seriously... you should enroll her in art classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely done! april is showing her talent now :D
    and she can even colour like a pro... envious~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice Law, forget to mention, she has in Art class for 2 years plus already. Thanks for you compliment.

    Yvonne, this is her talent that wasn't from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at children's drawing and art becos there is some kind of innocence in them! About the colouring, I must say your daughter can colour very well for her age becos I have piano students at age 8 or 9 who still colours very unevenly and the colour doesn't even fully fill the space! So conclusion is your daughter is doing a very good job at colouring for her age. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, her drawings and colouring are very good. she has great talent ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice Phua, thanks for telling me this.

    Barb, this interest of her allows her to sit still and concentrate in her work. May will play with her own toys. Then, I could have more quiet time at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheoh Yan , can I come to her birthday party?
    About my leaving for Tahiti, check out the CEO, Director's name, add a 'K' to his first name, *wink*. Aloha oe, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is so talented! I bet she'll be an awesome artist when she grows up =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uncle Lee, by the time, we have the party, you will be relocated to Tahiti as the GM. :)

    Jen, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. drop by to this post
    u hv such a wonderful kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sheoh Ya, I will not be going to Tahiti, as there's a lady who wants to kill me there, arhaaaa ha ha.
    You have fun and stay beautiful, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here to wish you a Happy Easter Holiday with you and your family! =) I'm goin to add you on my blogroll if you dont mind ;) add me on your blogroll whenever you got the time !! thanks for your support!

    Jen from www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here to wish you a Happy Easter Holiday with you and your family! =) I'm goin to add you on my blogroll if you dont mind ;) add me on your blogroll whenever you got the time !! thanks for your support!

    Jen from www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uncle Lee, Jen and oyenks, thanks for dropping by.

    Jen, I have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely ! My son also have interest in art especially drawing. I'm thinking to enrol him in art classes. Your princess's colouring are really very very neat and nice!

    ReplyDelete