2010-04-21

Don't tell me my fears are silly

I have written about April's fear at sleep in my earlier post. We spent the whole last weekend bringing her to pray at the big and small Taoism temples. I don't plan to bring her to a doctor, as I know the doctor will only provide her medical help for her sleep anxiety symptoms.

I am not a very superstitious person but I really have no cue on why my princess April suddenly became so cranky and disturbed at night. I brought this topic out for discussion with my closer buddies, be it in the office or in my yoga lesson. I seems like getting some hints after some discussions.

1. Her fear started on Wednesday morning 3am (14.04.2010), which was first day of 3rd month in Chinese Lunar Calendar. 3rd month is also considered as Qing Ming month, which is one of the Chinese wedding taboo months, other than the 7th month.

2. April was in Monkey zodiac, this zodiac was actually not accepted to go for Qing Ming this year, be it in front of the tomb at the memorial park or at the temple. All blame it to my ignorance of this Qing Ming taboo, and still brought them there.

I hope all the praying that we did during the weekend, and all the "Ang Kung Hu" that we got for her, would eventually calm her mind and get better sleep. I had also swifted April and May to sleep with us in our bedroom.

Nevertheless, I feel so guilty for spanking her, as I thought she was purposely doing it to get the attention. Now only I know that something is actually disturbing her during her sleep, and that is totally out of what she could control. Her fear for 'it' is more than her fear for my scolding and spanking. That is why she kept coming to my room and just plead that I didn't tell her, her fear are silly. She just wanted to tell me that "They are terribly real to me and you can do much to reassure me if you try to understand."
We tried to bring April for some dim sum as breakfast to cheer her up a bit.
But, she still looked so grumpy in front of so many delicious dim sum.

11 comments:

  1. Yan, I wish April will get over her fear faster after all your much praying at various temples. I'm not a superstitious person too, but I believe sometimes there are things which cannot be scientifically explained.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I can understand your worries towards your lovely daughter. hopefully what the temple lady taught today can help April to feel better and back to normal soon.

    i wish April happiness and hopefully she'll be alright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't blame yourself mummy. When we are sleepy and having a kid throwing tantrum is sure no fun. Now, you have done something. Soon, she will be a cheerful girl again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayley, Yvonne and mNhL, thanks for your thoughtful words. Tonight, i am going to do something to "chase her fear" as per what the Kuan Ying temple lady taught me. Praying real hard to see April getting a better sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor april. when i was a kid, i think I encountered this before. my mother used to pray every night with joss stick at around 7pm outside my house. i think that helped. i hope april will be back to her own self very soon. did you take her to ask a medium at the temple?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh... poor April, it seems "something" has disturbed her slumber... I normally freak out with this "thingy"!(Scream)

    You must be really exhausted, please rest well and perhaps take a short vacation during the weekend! Wish April will recover from her fear soon, take good care! Have a nice day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me i'll do just like you too. Relax k...Hopefully everything is going fine ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope April goes back to her usual sleep soon after both mummy and daddy has put in a lot of effort to bring her to pray. Wishing you both peaceful nights ahead! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do pray more for April. I hope very soon she will grow out of this crying and whining phase.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your kind words and concerns. April slept quite well last night. I will keep her next to me at night for about a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope everything is ok for April. Sometimes, it's not up to us not to believe the chinese's Do and Don't.

    ReplyDelete