Thanks, Mother

17:07 Yannie 16 Comments

I didn't celebrate Mother's day since I was 17 after my beloved mother had passed away. I started to celebrate Mother's day again with my MIL when I got married in year 2002. We didn't stay with the PIL after married, but we went back to their place to have dinner every evening, until today.

Now, after having 2 children, when my husband is not around, I prefer to bring the dinner back to my house and feed the children. The reason is that I do not want to create chaos at PIL's house, especially the children may throw tantrum and the husband is not there to help. In condition, the children's tantrum will be worse when the grand parents are there to pamper them.

Nevertheless, I really appreciate MIL's cooking, and her cooking is really awesome. See the pics below. Please zoom in to view the dishes, as I am lazy to elaborate her home cooked food in details.





MIL can cook very good fish head noodles and dumplings. I will talk more about the dumpling that she makes on Dumpling Festival.

She has a lot of passion in cooking and she enjoys cooking very much. I can feel her love towards her son, her grand children and her DIL from the dinner that she prepares for us every evening. Thanks, Mother.

16 comments:

  1. You are so lucky, Yan......homecooked food every day. Your MIL is a gem :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah~!!! The authentic "sham sung yat thong"(3 dishes and 1 soup)!!!! I wish my MIL would cook for me everyday, so that I could spend more time with my kids or perhaps kill more time online blogging!:p

    Happy weekend, Yan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food are so... tempting! homecook food is always the best!
    here i wish you and all mummies, Happy Mother's Day! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Yan, you are indeed one lucky DIL. Your MIL never grew tired taking care of her own family and now the extended families. She's truely a wonderful mother.

    And I know you love her with all your heart and appreciate her, from the stories I'd heard from you all these years.

    Btw, all the well-balanced homecooked dishes are making me salivating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to everyone who drop by my blog. Indeed, I am blessed to have her as my MIL. Btw, my FIL is even greater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day to you too Yan. Have nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are very lucky and blessed to have a MIL like her !
    BTW, I can see you have many different sets of tiffin carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheoh Ya, wow! You sure can cook up a storm, or rather a real Tsunami cooking, ha ha.
    Have a happy mother's day, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sheoh Ya, great food there. I love the dishes and I guess no problems for me to polish off three plates of rice too, ha ha.

    If not for a woman who can cook, I would have been a bachelor much longer, ha ha...
    I knew many escape routes from women, but got trapped by food.
    Have a great week, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow....you are really very lucky to have homecooked meals to eat even not staying together with PIL. All the food really looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg.... look at all the food. She is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the wishes and greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the wishes and greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you, home cook for special occasions is the way to go, no rush, taste good, no traffic jam,, no huha,,,

    say hi to April and May from uncle eugene ya.

    take care now Sheoh Yan,, god bless

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I can almost taste how good they are by just looking at them. My PIL are great cooks too. Too bad, it's too troublesome for us to go back and eat everyday so my poor hubby and kid have to bear with my lousy cooking for now haha.

    ReplyDelete