2010-08-14

Extra courses on weekends

Every weekend I send April and May to the AMTB Buddhist association which is located near to my place. If time permitted, I would join the class together with them. Otherwise, I just drop them there with teachers. They get to learn the Buddhism and DI ZI GUI 弟子规 at the same time.
These were how my princesses dressed for the Buddhist classes.
After coming back from 2 hours lesson, they usually hungry and needed to take some snacks. Then, they would start talking to each other about the Buddhist prayers and chants, as well as the DI ZI GUI 弟子规, that they have just learned.

7 comments:

  1. oh i just read from another mommy's blog about di zi gui :) great that your girls have such activities. they will grow up to be fine young ladies :D Ashley learns di zi gui in school but i think there's no praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to start them young. I'll try to send my girl to Buddhist temple when she reaches 7 or 8 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just asked my boy if Di Zi Gui is taught in his dhamma school and he said no, only prayers and chanting. So nice, both princesses get to learn that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheoh Yan, good for you get your kids into religion early.
    I am a Buddhist. I have a small alter in my solarium and will say a few words every morning, but haven't reached that chanting stage yet, ha ha.
    Have a nice day, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to send your girls to religious classes. It will make them closer to each other too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to enrol kids in religious classes, doesn't matter what kind of religion, at least can instill sense of right and wrong in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome, I'm also teaching Juan Juan Di Zhi Gui... to date, she only knows how to recite the 1st few sentences (without knowing the meaning).:)

    ReplyDelete