2010-08-26

Soup: Arrowroot with pork rib soup

These were our Sunday home cooked dishes.
Soup of the week was the arrowroot (粉葛"Fun Kok" in Cantonese), red dates and wolfberries with pork ribs soup. I like taking this hearty soup, as it was really tasty, but I don’t like eating the root, as it was too coarse and hard.
Other than soup, we also had the stir-fried cabbage, fish balls and dried shrimp.
Another dish was stir-fried cauliflower, carrot and fish balls.
All these dishes, including the soup were cooked by the only man in the house on Sunday morning, while I was attending the Sunday Di Zi Gui class with the girls.

14 comments:

  1. I never knew ngar koo can be used to boil soup! Tastes like lotus root right? Simple & wholesome dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah..your husband is a good cook. Simple and delicious homecooked food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah, you are such a lucky wife Yan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shireen, arrowroot that I used is called Fun Kok in cantonese. It is very tasty.

    Mummy Gwen, he is not a good cook, he is not a bad cook as well. :) Dare not complain so much, as I no need to cook once in a while.

    Hayley, he is lucky too, as I am really cincai towards food. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its look delicious btw.hehehe. man that cook is so romantic

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum yum! im a soup loverrRRRRRR. i love all kinds of soup. especially chinese soups!!!

    have a lovely day!
    jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a hearty meal - nothing compares his love towards his family. You are blessed, Yan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm..fun kot is my fav soup :) the man in your house is such a good cook :D you are lucky :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. HwiYee, thanks.

    goldflower, not romantic but realistic. :)

    Jenny, Fun Kot soup is really yummy.

    Yvonne, thanks.

    Angeline, yes.

    Barb, it has become my fav soup too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HwiYee, thanks.

    goldflower, not romantic but realistic. :)

    Jenny, Fun Kot soup is really yummy.

    Yvonne, thanks.

    Angeline, yes.

    Barb, it has become my fav soup too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HwiYee, thanks.

    goldflower, not romantic but realistic. :)

    Jenny, Fun Kot soup is really yummy.

    Yvonne, thanks.

    Angeline, yes.

    Barb, it has become my fav soup too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow wow! If my man can cook like this, I'll be the HAPPIEST woman on earth! Hmm... I can only daydream and envy you haha.

    ReplyDelete