2010-08-09

Soup: Corn, Carrot and Radish with chicken

This time I added corn in the of carrot and radish soup that I blogged before. I can use corn in any soup, and it makes the soup tastier and sweeter.  Corn, one of the most popular and versatile vegetables, is also a good source of several nutrients. Corn is a low-fat complex carbohydrate that deserves a regular place on any healthy table. These high-fiber, fat-fighting kernels of goodness are also hearty and satisfying.
Health Benefits of Corn :

Corn is a body building food.

1.Corn is helpful in kidney problems including renal dysfunction. Eat everyday a soft and boiled corn. For other kidney problem; boil 4 tsp. of cornsilk in 21/2 cups of water for 20 mins. Strain and allow to cool. Drink ½ cup every 4 hours.
2.Corn bran is a heart protector, when eaten everyday it can lower cholesterol in the body. The soluble fiber in corn binds with cholesterol in bile from the liver. It then passes from the body taking the cholesterol with it.
3.Cornstarch can prevent diaper rash.

Other Cases wherein Corn is Beneficial :
•Anemia
•Constipation
•Gout.

14 comments:

  1. Gotta show my hubby this post. I added corn on cob and boiled with the soup one day and he said it's funny and no one would put that in the soup! *faint*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to eat sweet corn, straight from the steamer :) High in fiber, low in fat! muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. u are a very good mummy...sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, corn is sweet enough, can skip the sugar.. hehe. I like this soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corn is very nutritious.. i love this soup! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this soup too...so sweet. But my corn must be eaten with butter and salt. Very leceh hor. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, pau sook poe tong is very sweet.. my kid love this soup too! healthy and tasty..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sweet corn too & same goes to my little guy I guess 'coz I always add corn into his meal :-)

    Dora

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love corn soup!!! Whenever my mum asks what soup should she boil, my answer will definitely be corn soup! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I should shop for sweet corn right away! Thanks for sharing the information!^-^

    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. visit my new add: http://nothingbutangelinestory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH OH OH I am a lover of soupss! cant live without soup when I have dinner lah!

    jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my favourite soup :) now you are making me crave for some :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. About adding corn to make the soup sweeter, my mum never tried that before and I didn't know about corn's effect until sometime around two yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete