2010-09-16

Lanterns fever

Next Wednesday is the moon cake festival. Have you started to play lanterns and candles with your kid?

My kids actually kept waiting for the hungry ghost month to end, so that they could play lanterns. We started the lantern fun on the first day of the 8th month in Chinese lunar calendar. I felt it was kind of boring to play with only April and May. Besides, my neighbourhood has not many younger children.
So, you get to see them.
Big and little Chi From TAIPING with LOVE.
When I told these two little cuties that Aunty Yan wanted to snap pictures of them, big Chii quickly hold little Chi closer and put her arm around her his shoulder. It was so good to see them so close to each other. From my observation, there was no sign of sibling rivalry between them.
When I showed their mother the pictures, I also gave compliment to her kids for being such a good siblings. Their mother revealed that big Chii always treated her brother as her ornament when posing for pictures. Muahahahhaha!
Coincidentally, Blog with Yan's were in pink and white, whereas From TAIPING with LOVE's were in blue and white.

Little Chi really likes to play masak-masak. I have finally witnessed what her his mother said before. Thanks From Taiping With Love for dropping by my house that evening.

11 comments:

  1. Muahahaha! My kids like to play with your children and toys. The big one even asked me, "How come April and May have so many toys?" Thanks for inviting us over. I think my daughter is looking forward for another kids' session at your place :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to next Weds, will probably pay a visit to taiping lake garden at night..
    Love the photos, cute kids enjoying their play time! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. 谢谢你的赞美漂亮的mummy^^
    你的小朋友 现在已够可爱了 长大更不用说

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww...so cute to see the 4 of them playing together :) Ashley has no one to play with :((

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah lah...the kids outifts were in synch with the blogs theme colors..cool.

    The kids really had a great time playing lanterns. :)

    We will be in Jkt during the mooncake festival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kids love to play with the lanterns..fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see your kids play with lanterns liao. Ha..I have yet bought any lantern for my girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bet the kids have fun with the lanterns and company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sheoh Yan, we were given some mooncakes by friends here. I only eat those that have mixed nuts....but will avoid those with eggs.
    My wife will eat all.
    We dare not buy as can't read Chinese.
    And yes, start of Moon cake, the start of our Fall or Autumn....22nd Sept.

    And guess who's coming for dinner on this date? Pop over my place, you'll be surprised, like us!
    Nice pics of your kid, they sure got their mom's VERY attractive looks. *wink*.
    Pity those boys when they reach 18, ha ha.
    You stay young, stay beautiful and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheoh Yan, we were given some mooncakes by friends here. I only eat those that have mixed nuts....but will avoid those with eggs.
    My wife will eat all.
    We dare not buy as can't read Chinese.
    And yes, start of Moon cake, the start of our Fall or Autumn....22nd Sept.

    And guess who's coming for dinner on this date? Pop over my place, you'll be surprised, like us!
    Nice pics of your kid, they sure got their mom's VERY attractive looks. *wink*.
    Pity those boys when they reach 18, ha ha.
    You stay young, stay beautiful and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lanturn reminds me of being a kid. miss it a lot - but i'm too old for it now lah. maybe when I have a kid - than they can play :)

    have a lovely weekend!!
    jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete