2010-09-06

My children extra activities

April has attended the UCMas Mental Arithmetic and May has attended the I-Math course a year ago. April participated in 3 competitions so far. Though she didn't win big, she won a small token of participation every time.
Little May enjoyed her I-Math very much. She get to learn while playing with colourful blocks, strings, cubes and etc. She already told me that she wants to complete the 6 levels of I-Math, and she doesn't want to proceed to UCmas Mental Arithmetic like her jie jie. I respect her decision.
April has joined the Art class since she was 4, and she still has a lot of passion in Art now. I can see her improving a lot in her art work, and it is more significant than her performance in UCMas Mental Arithmetic. May be she uses her right brain more than her left brain.
Actually, April is a careful and slow motion people, and she likes to do thing slow and steady. That is why she can do better in painting and drawing than mathematics, because mathematics need to have speedy and accuracy calculations.
Little May is totally different from her sister. She has less patience. She does her painting carelessly. In addition, she can get work done faster than her sister.

They are also attending the Buddisht Namo Amitabha and Di Zi Gui class on the weekend. After their final exam in October, I will also enrol April in the swimming course.

Other than their study in kindergarten, I occupy them with an activity for mental, an activity for Art, an activity for religion, and soon an activity for physical fitness. I think they have more than enough activities, and there is no more slot for music and dance.

14 comments:

  1. I can see the drawing in pict #3 is really neat! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. An on top of that,you must include activity of love,,hahahah,seriously we must teach the children to love others. i do that always, i am afraid if i don't my children will grow up to be self-centred men and that they will never be happy.. anyway just my thought.

    Happy for your anak anak,, take care now ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. May colouring is good leh...neat and tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayley, Angeline, the painting was done by April. I like this painting too, very colourful and neat. Thanks.

    Eugene, thanks for the reminder. I will keep that in my mind. Appreciate your input.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children are all-rounded, which is a good start for our future generation. I'm waiting for my girl to mature a little more before sending her to extra activity class. She likes to whine and cry nowadays *headache*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You planned so well for them! A variety of activities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, i agree with Yvonne. Your girls are doing so well in their Maths and Art :) I think these 2 subjects are very important. Ashley has been telling me that she wants Art Classes but I don't know if she's serious or not :D I may enrol her when she's 6 :) Then, there's swimming and music which she likes...so many extra courses *shake head*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah..their time table is really full. Glad to know both of them enjoy their extra classes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good to keep them occupied with good and beneficial activities like these. I keep telling myself to send Chloe to art and music classes too but until now, talk only no action :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. My boy is graduating from his Yamaha JMC end of this month after 2 years. I am still contemplating if I should let him continue with JXC (another two years music course) or rather go for a 1 to 1 private music lesson. He also wanted to go for art, wushu, taekwando, robotic.... Where got so much time leh, boy??

    ReplyDelete
  11. waaaa... so beautiful the painting. even the ol me cant paint like that. n i hate math too. lolol...
    u plan so well for them. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. waaaa... so beautiful the painting. even the ol me cant paint like that. n i hate math too. lolol...
    u plan so well for them. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow... your kids really have a lots of activities, and they really spend their time to the fullness!:)

    ReplyDelete