2010-09-30

Soup: Preserved Szechuan Vegetable in ABC soup

I wanted to cook the preserved Szechuan vegetable soup long ago. I finally found this ugly but tasty vegetable in the wet market on one weekend morning.
I soaked this preserved Szechuan vegetable in water for about 2 hours, before I washed and sliced it.  
Together with the rest of ABC soup ingredients like carrot, onion, tomatoes and pork ribs.
The soup was tasty, but it was a bit too salty for our liking. In fact, I shouldn't add any seasoning, the preserved Szechuan vegetable itself was already salty. 

7 comments:

  1. Szechuan vegetable soup is one of my favourite. Unfortunately my cook (my mom) doesn't enjoy this soup. And so do the rest... *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this vege too.....love the soup and love it with stir fried pork. yumm......but hubby don't like ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of this soup.. but then dont mind having it once a while la ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yan, ur soup feels my tummy now..I'm still in the office -closing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long time didn't have this. The soup looks appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, healthy and delicious!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  7. i never seen that kind of veggie lah. looks weird to me!

    Have a happy weekend!
    jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete