2010-10-04

Juice: Pineapple

Do you love pineapple? Pineapple is different from banana. A lot of people love banana, but not many like pineapple. I personally like all types of fruit, including pineapple.
My husband referred to the juices recipe book and he made me two different juices with pineapple.
Slice orange and carrot.

The first one was pineapple mixed with carrot. 
The second was pineapple mixed with orange.
 I prefer the taste of pineapple+orange than pineapple+carrot. These two juices were rich with vitamin C.

The Health Benefits of Pineapple

Pineapple is one of those foods that is heaven to eat. A good, juicy ripe pineapple can satisfy a sweet craving as well as any chocolate bar. In addition to being a delicious food, there are many health benefits of pineapple.

Pineapple is Loaded with Vitamins and Minerals

The obvious benefits of pineapple are all the vitamins and minerals the fruit is loaded with. Its nutrients include calcium, potassium, fiber, and vitamin C. In addition it is low in fat and cholesterol.

The benefits of pineapple can be achieved through eating fresh, canned, or frozen pineapple or by drinking its juice.

Pineapple Strengthens Bones

One of the benefits of pineapple is that it helps to build healthy bones. Pineapples are rich in manganese, a trace mineral that is needed for your body to build bone and connective tissues. Just one cup of pineapple provides 73% of the daily recommended amount of manganese. The benefits of pineapple can effect the growth of bones in young people and the strengthening of bones in older people.

Pineapple is Good for Colds and Coughs

While many people often take extra vitamin C or drink extra orange juice when they have a cold, few consider eating pineapple. The benefits of pineapple when you have a cold or cough are the same as the benefits of orange juice, but there is an additional benefit of pineapple. Bromelain, which is found in pineapples, has been found to help suppress coughs and loosen mucus.

p/s: Next time if you have cough and phlegm, remember to take pineapple. It helps loosen the mucus and suppress cough afterwards. You never try you never know.

17 comments:

  1. thoughtful husband. hehe.the book juice recipe? where can i find such book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like pineapple too!
    But I prefer to eat it right away compare to making it into juice... hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dislike pineapple although I know it's a very healthy fruit. This is the last fruit in my list :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh.... I love pineapples, couldn't have enough of it(specially the thai's pineapple)! I'm drooling over your drink now... slurp~!!

    Thanks for the health tips and wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, the juice look really delicious. i love pineapples :) Hey, do you drink the juice first thing in the morning? i heard that it is really good to drink it on an empty stomach :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mum loves pineapples but i can't agree with this fruits. Always bite my mouth.

    I must learnt from you and your hubby to make fruit juices to drink. I'm just too lazy :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like fruit juice. Do you know that, Pineapple mix with Banana is a nice combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to hate pineapples when I was young.. didn't like that weird, numb after-taste on the tongue. Now, I LOVE it but only if it's sweet!

    Your hub really rajin make juice for you lah. You are a very lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Hayley, I like to eat sliced pineapples than juicing it.. :) How thoughtful of your hubby to always make you juices. *envy*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guess, i might think of loving pineapple again...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess, i might think of loving pineapple again...

    ReplyDelete
  13. wah....you are one lucky woman to have a husband who juicers for you! ;)

    I love pineapple too esp when I have a sorethroat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are one real lucky wife. :)

    I didn't take pineapple for quite sometimes already, because of health purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As for me, I usually hesitate to take pineapples, but of course I'll still eat them if there is really, really no other fruit to eat! :-D Wah, I'm impressed, your hubby is really, really a juice-maker husband!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good info there! The old Chinese folks will say pineapple is 'leong' and bad for cough and phlegm but looks like it's good in treating it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for the PS! Gonna do that next time when I cough lah. ur hubby is so sweet lor. I am very jealous - I doubt my soon to be husband will ever make me juice like this! NEVER

    have a great day!
    jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete