2010-10-08

Our pets

Our first pets are fishes. These fishes are not the first few fishes that we had. These fishes that you see now are the 5th batch + 6th batch + 7th batch that we bought. The first four batches + 3 fishes in the 5th batch + 1 fish in the 6th batch were all gone with the flush in our toilet.
Our first generation aquarium is the blue plastic lid one on the right. It is to house 6 butterfly peacock fishes. Then, the second generation aquarium is the bigger glass one on the left. It is now housing 17 different species of small fishes and 1sucker fish.  We also invested in some water plants, colourful rocks, water filter, oxygen generators, and lamp. I agree with my Toronto blogger friend, Jenny that rearing fishes only needed less effort, if compare to pets like dogs or cats.
April and May enjoy feeding the fishes. They will help to feed the fishes only once a day . They love observing fishes eating, pooing, swimming and chasing each other in the aquarium.
I myself too love staring at the fishes. I find looking at the fishes can relax my mind and detoxify my brain. When I was in the office, I would call my husband who was at home to check on the fishes. I was emotional, when the fishes died. I don't know that I will love the fishes, until I had them in my house.

15 comments:

  1. The fish task and fishes are really beautiful. Nice!!

    Last but not least, thanks for your ice cream cake's idea. That's really a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aquarium is nice and colorful! No wonder you and your girls love watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice fish tank. Even my son is attracted to it :) Too bad I'm too lazy to keep any pet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheoh Yan, very nice pics. And it's good keeping fish at home. Good fung shui too.
    Especially when nobody home, there's some live movement in the house.
    And kids learning the responsibility to care for them.

    I when young had more than a dozen aquariums, all kinds of fishes, as well learning, studying about them.

    And when working, with all that stress and pressure of work, sitting down looking at my Oscars and 2 Arrowana dragon fish, really helps cool me down.

    If you have not already done so, maybe get some easy to read books on fishes for your kids....
    You have a pleasant weekend, stay young, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your aquariums and the fishes are beautiful. Your girls really engrossed with the fishes...so cute. I'm lazy to take care of the fishes..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, fishes is better becoz dog fur and cat fur is bad for health. and i enjoy watching fish swimming too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOAH! so much fishie lor!! I only have one. but plan to get more in the future - just hope the fishes cooperate instead of fighting lah!!


    Have a happy thanksgiving!
    jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brother love fishes so much. He also love to look at the fishes swimming whenever he came back from work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the aquarium is so colourful. i bet mine would love to have those colourful stones. Yeah, i agree, looking at them can be very relaxing :) so who does the cleaning?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your colourful aquarium! I wish I could keep some fish but I have a 'killer touch', as fish won't survive under my TLC!:p

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. has any of the fish tried to escape? one of my turtles escaped while we were in china and they were under my uncle's care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 鱼缸布置得好漂亮喔, 加油!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely fishes in the aquarium! Wah, it's nice to see clean and beautiful aquariums but i shudder at the thought of having to maintain it! Last time when I was still staying with my parents, they reared fish in the aquarium too, but eventually one by one died (after many batches), so in the end, they decided to stop the hobby altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kids are very lucky, taking care of pets help to cultivate loving and caring nature.
    But, I can't bear to see animal died, therefore, I never want to keep pet at home, just afraid if they die because of my carelessness.

    ReplyDelete