2010-11-18

Chemor Seen Hock Yeen - Raya Haji Public Holiday part 1

After reading the two entries of Sauk yummy food in Hayley's blog, we decided to give it a try on Raya Haji Public Holiday.  I will blog about the lunch that we had at Sauk next to this entry. After the lunch at Sauk, we headed to Chemor. We wanted to visit the very well know tourist spot, Kuil Seen Hock Yeen (Chinese Temple). I would love to let the pictures do the talk.
April posed with her Chinese Zodiac.
Little May with her Chinese Zodiac.
My husband and I were born in the same Chinese Zodiac.
Images of the 12 animals of the Chinese zodiac calendar.
As a first timers, we were surprised to see such a magnificent temple with a pagoda, carp in ponds, images of dragons and lions, calligraphic couplets and crafted buildings hidden off the Chemor-Sungai Siput main road.
Kuil Seen Hock Yeen is Chemor tourist attraction with tour groups coming from around Perak and as far north as Kedah and Perlis. A tour lead who was assigned by the temple would introduce the temple history, he will also explain the deities and features of the temple in details to visitors.
There is a 70-metre long bridge where worshippers cross to dispel calamities and to have problems dissolved and a section for prayers to seek a good partner in marriage. Some came to this temple to pray for good health, recovery from sickness, steady business operations, a smooth career, a good marriage, a happy family and academic excellence for their children.
After done with the praying and touring around the temple, there were some refreshment and mineral water laid out waiting for visitors in the hall.

How to get there
Kuil Seen Hock Yeen
1 1/2 km, Railway Station Road,
Kampung Cik Zainal Tambahan 1,
31200 Chemor,
Perak, Malaysia
 
Coming from Penang, after Kuala Kangsar and Changkat Jering tunnel, when you come to the former Jelapang toll gate, turn left towards Chemor. Go straight for about 10km until you reach Chemor town. Turn left and drive for about 0.5km until you come to the first traffic light. Turn left until you pass the KTM overhead bridge. Immediately after the KTM overhead bridge, turn left and go straight for about 3km. You will see the temple on your right.

Coming from Ipoh, heading to Sg Siput, when reach Chemor town, take the right turn when you see a railway bridge in front of you and drive for about 2km.

14 comments:

  1. Wow u have a splendid holiday!Never been to thsi temple before. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the status crafted so detailed until I spotted its genital? Hahaha, pardon me for my rudeness, but I can't help but to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed too, this temple is indeed a wonderful tourist attraction! Err... where are the foodie pictures?

    Have a nice day and wishing you and advance happy school holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the first time seeing the chinese zodiac in GOLD color. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, never expected a chinese temple can be sooooooooooooooooo nice. How long does it take from Penang to that temple?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The temple is really HUGE... very nice and well-maintained. Oh you are an ox... now I know your age already hehe :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a really big and great temple. I never see such a big temple in Jakarta. Love the zodiac statues with gold color, I wonder to see a mouse zodiac status since it's my chinese zodiac :D Glad to see you and your family are doing good Aunty Yan. Very best wishes for you all ^^ Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheoh Yan, Holy Smoke! If I did not see this I wouldn't believe its in Chemor!
    And I used to pass by Chemor, Sungei Siput almost every 2 weeks never knew there was a temple there too.

    Well, looks like this one place I will have on my list to visit should we balek kampong one day.

    I really love the pics and love those Zodiac animals.
    Someone sure had a very creative idea....bet its a popular tourist area too.

    Incidentally I am a Chinese Fire horse. Wife a Doggie.
    Nice pics, Sheoh Yan. Have a nice day, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gps will be useful to find all the interesting places

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WANT to pose and take picture with tiger. hehehe. where is the temple ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to Perak. *paiseh* This temple is very big and nice. Great family outing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like a fun place to explore :)

    jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a cow? Haha, I'm a cow too! So I guess we are either same age or you are either 12 years younger than me??

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never got such nice temple leh... Another new place to add on to my vacation place, LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete