A dental visit of my princesses

01:03 Yannie 14 Comments

Last Saturday, when everyone still enjoyed the Deepavali weekend, my girls had to suffer from the fear of their dental visit. I had informed them a day earlier that we were bringing them to the dentist to examine extract their loose teeth. I also promised them that if they made no fuss during the teeth examination extraction, I would buy them a gift.


I mentioned about May's loose tooth in September. I am grateful that several blogging mummies had dropped me some very useful information and shared with me their experience with their kids. If you are interested on what they have said, please click on the link http://sheohyan.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-4-years-old-is-paging-tooth-fairy.html
Though I still couldn't figure out what was the root cause for my 4 years old's loose tooth, I decided to get her loose tooth examined, then removed if needed. I actually spent quite an amount of time and effort to coax her, and also a bit of scold at the end to make her lie on top of me on the dental chair. Before she agreed to go into the dental room, she kept pestering me to remind the dentist to ONLY examine but not extract her loose tooth. lol! Finally, her loose tooth was extracted and I bought her a pack of 12 twistable color pencils to reward her .
This was April's second visit to dental. Her first visit was on last Christmas eve, and I had also blogged about it here. The first time was to extract her two upper front teeth which had severely decayed due to cavities, and this round was actually to give May an acompany. April's lower front teeth were loose too, and I could see two tiny permanent teeth have emerged at the back of her two shaky milk teeth. So, mind as well got all those loose milk teeth removed. Thank Goodness that April made no fuss at all and really showed her younger sister a good example. As a result, I also got her a pack of 10 glimmer color pens for her courage.
That night, I still had to dig out RM3 from my husband's wallet (Clever right? Not my wallet) to slip under their pillows, because I told them that Tooth Fairy was going to give them RM1 for trading each tooth.

14 comments:

  1. LOL... so much rewards and encouragement, your girls are very lucky princesses!^-^

    Hope they are feeling better now, all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo April and May, they still can smile to the camera so I think the visit was okay.. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kekeke, they are so brave to meet dentist, my worst enemy. Kudos, April and May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Wah, so much rewards, I wonder if I'd get rewards next time I go visit dentist. =P" Yin Yue said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo to April and May. They're brave. I took Ian to have his teeth checked last June, his 2nd visit to the dentist. He was uneasy and kept chanting,"I am scared" and reluctantly went into the room with me when it's our turn. Hopefully his next visit would be a more willing and pleasant one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alycia, my eldest also has no 2 front teeth now. Can't wait for her teeth to grow and fill up the gap so that she can be pretty again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really never ever be brave enough to visit dentist in my whole life. But fortunately my teeth so far so good lah ;D Great for April and May to be a brave girl, I would cry if someone grab me to dentist :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. kkakakaakaka...yes, you are clever to dig the $$ from your hubby :D your girls are so brave to visit the dentist. I don't remember seeing one at that age. I would have been so scared that I won't be able to sleep for nights. Yes, I am terrified of the dentist.....even now :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. April and May are so brave. Bravo! My husband still is afraid of going to the dentist..haha..can you believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid of dentist too, even until now! Bravo to both girls!

    And thks for sharing the tips of rewarding them. I might have to face this problem in my time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most people who are scared or get anxious by just thinking about having to visit a dentist are always putting off treatment schedules. Bear in mind, in case you are scared to know and find out what is it that’s hurting your mouth, the lack of dental care and attention will make it worse and turn into a costly and painful problem. Never take risks when it comes to yours and your loved ones oral health since it might be too late and may even cost you a lot.

    first dental visit

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have prepared her well in her last two dental visits. It’s actually a good idea to give her surprise gifts after the visits. That would keep her happy and motivated. And I love the way you've handled her in that situation. Uhmm.. What did you give her on her first visit?

    Vernell Leider

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a good decision to give them gifts after a successful dental visit. This could help them feel at ease and their anxiety can be alleviated, especially because they know that if they do well, they will be rewarded for it. Anyway, April did a great job showing her younger sister her courage; this could also be one of the reasons why May is relaxed and comfortable during her treatment.

    Landon Heath

    ReplyDelete
  14. Giving your kids rewards after a successful dental visit would boost their confidence and increase their courage on their next dental visit. Another thing, read some story books about dentists the night before the treatment. This way, they'll feel at ease and comfortable when they see the dentist.

    Bettye Primm

    ReplyDelete