2010-11-27

Her Christmas Wishing

Yesterday evening, when April was back from her UCMAS training center, she showed me a Christmas wishing card that her teacher wanted her to fill in. She told me that she had actually written one in the class, and the teacher had helped her to put on the Christmas Wishing Tree. I asked her about what she had written on the first card. She said she wrote to Santa, "I wish to have a puppy as my pet."

She said that most of her classmates wrote, "I want to be the first in class every year."
I told her, "Santa cannot let any person to be the first in class. Only you yourself can make you the first in class, if you are hardworking enough." She nodded her head.

I asked her what she wanted to write on the second wishing card that was still blank. She kept quiet and thought really hard. I thought she might be running out of idea . So, I just suggested a few and felt those might be her all time wish list.

1. Go to Disneyland in Hong Kong again.
2. Wake up from her dream and be a real princess. (If she really fills in this wish, I bet probably Santa has to use some magic dust or cast a spell to make Prince Harry marry her, because has no chance on Prince William anymore. T__T)

When I was busy feeding my little May the supper, April finally thought of something. To my utterly surprised, she wrote this on her second wishing card.
She wishes for longevity for her parents. I am really touched by her filial love to us.

15 comments:

  1. Yan, I was touched too! I told you before, April's thinking is very matured! God Bless her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April is so thoughtful! I hope her wishes come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... my boy's x'mas wishes have never been No. 1 in class. All he wanted for X'mas is toys. I trust April will grow up a filial daughter.. I am envious now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, nothing beats the love she shows to her parents and sister. This is something non trade-able with material or money. First and foremost, you and your husband have taught her well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh she is such a sensible and caring girl. it only reflects how well you and your husband have taught her. good job :) i hope my ashley will turn out to be as good as April jie jie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this has showed how thoughtful she is and how well you have brought her up and how much she loves her parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe girl at April ages could thinks such in a mature way! @_@ Good girl...

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's definitely growing up to be a filial daughter. So "sang sing". I'm touched.

    P/S: My surname is same as your Hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sooooo touched too *wipes tears* April is a very, very loving, sensible and well-taught child. I'll be so proud and happy too, if Chloe knows how to think like that. Here's a big hug for April dearie *HUG* :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is really a very thoughtful and filial daughter. And she writes very well in Chinese for a 6yo girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! That's so touched, sure your heart melted ler. April is so 'sang sing'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sheoh Yan, you have great kids there, and their love for parents a never ending one....they sometimes forget the song, but will always remember the tune.

    Sheoh Yan, ask your daughter (not sure this can be done where you are?) to write a letter to Santa Clause. Address: North Pole. Thats it. Post it.

    Thats what the kids here in Canada do...
    And every year around 11.30pm X'mas eve night, the radio will announce, "there are reports coming in that a UFO is being spotted flying in over the North Pole....".

    And then few minutes later, it's, "Hold it everyone....wait...wait....we can see it now....YES, YES....Its Santa Clause arriving..."!

    Have a nice day, Sheoh Yan....once again, you have great kids, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww... that is so cute and sweet!!! I wish I have a kid right not!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so touched! She is so sweet and 懂事!!

    ReplyDelete