I have just hopped to Hayley's blog and seen her sharing the very cool DIY facial serum by using only white fungus. If you love to have beautiful skin, do not miss this very interesting entry of her. Coincidentally, I also boiled the white fungus sweet dessert for my family on last weekend.
I soaked the white fungus which is also known as snow fungus in a bowl for about 10 mins. When it turned soft, I used scissors to cut out the roots and threw them away. I should have kept them to scrub my body, my face, my knees, my albows and my armpits. Hayley, shouldn't be a problem right?
Besides gingko biloba and white fungus, I also add in sweet and bitter almonds, lotus seeds, dried longan, red dates, honey dates and rock bee sugar for better taste. This dessert can be served hot or cold. I will normally keep it in the refrigerator, because my children love it chilled.
Health Benefits of White Fungus
- White fungus contains much iron, vitamin C, calcium and phosphorus.
- The fat and gum like protein in it is especially nourishing to the body. It is considered a good supplement to the body.
- Stew white fungus with rock sugar lubricates the colon and stimulates peristalsis. Thus, it is a mild laxative for constipation patients.
- White fungus is also said to be effective in nourishing the lungs, healing dry cough and clearing heat in the lungs. Those who have weak lungs catch cold easily.
- Eating stewed white fungus with rock sugar and red dates helps strengthen the respiratory system and thus, helps prevent cold.
- Skin gets dry when people reach the middle age. Eating white fungus is the best way to take care of your skin. They aid blood production and bring more circulation to the skin to give you a moisturized-complexion.
Health Benefits of Gingko Biloba
•Stimulates and tones the brain.
•Increase memory and mental concentration.
•Prevent senility and Alzheimer's disease.
•Prevent headache (Migraine).
•Prevent Intermittent Claudication (pain caused by inadequate blood flow to the legs).
•Prevent hearing problem.
•Reduce High Blood Pressure.
•Reduce Menopausal symptoms.
•Reduce Varicose Veins and Phlebitis.