Famous Kaya Kok at Aulong

16:13 Yannie 16 Comments

We (Hayley, Yvonne and me) went for lunch at Aulong. Aulong is the place which famous for the variety of homemade pastry puffs. The most popular one is Kaya Kok. Other than Kaya Kok, the single storey old bungalow house owner also bakes and sells the sambal shrimp paste moon cake, "hup tou sou", "siew pao", "loh poh pian" (wife cookies) and lots more.
Upon reaching Jalan Masjid, Aulong, house number 1106D, folks, I bet you can smell the nice aroma of different cookies, which make you swallow your own saliva down the throat. I am not over exaggerated. You sure can't resist, but to take home a few packs of different type of cookies with you.
These are their new invented puffs, red bean paste cookies. RM 5 per pack.
Lotus paste cookies, also RM5 per pack. I have just taken one red bean paste puff and one lotus paste puff, the pastry is really flaky and the paste is heavenly thick.
Now these are the best in town Kaya Kok, RM4 per pack and 5 puffs per pack. The size of kaya kok is fairly big. I love to take it when it was just out from the oven. A bite of warm kaya kok with the rich kaya filling, and a sip of white coffee without sugar at 3.15pm are my most enjoyable tea time.
 
While I am writing this, I can hear Yvonne munching on her puff. Churp, churp, churp....her munching sound effect, make me want to take another puff of mine. By the way, I have taken 3 puffs already. My skirt buckle is going to be torn off soon.

Listen, I want to skip my dinner later.

16 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Do I really sound that loud? Hehe, pai seh... but the puff is heavenly ho chiak!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just finish one kaya kok, nice!!
    I'm going to buy a pack too next time~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been along time din go there...Shud go there and grab some kaya kok bec home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. waa the picture get me drooling. where is this ? taiping ? so far ! huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah wah, kaya kok and red bean are my favorite. Yan ah, you so bad ah, always make me drool. Those food are so far from me. *sob sob*

    ReplyDelete
  6. aiyo...looking at them really make me want to take a bite. *sigh* i still dunno when we are going up to taiping :( pls dun kill me ok? hubs is real busy :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen Kaya Kok these big. Looks so mouth watering. No wonder you all cannot resist..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not really a big fan of kaya kok but after reading your description, I suddenly feel so hungry! *swallows saliva*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those red bean paste cookies look like my favourite heong piah!^-^ Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hayley, Yvonne and Yan! Good Day! I am the son of the Uncle and Aunty from the Aulong Kayapuff that you mentioned. My dad ask me to say Thank you all for your support very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello...can give clearer direction? i wanna drop by later about 2 pm later

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello, anyone can give me the contact number?

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello, anyone can give me the contact number?

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you want to know more about shop, please leave me your email address. I will give you more details of the location and phone contact.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Address of the shop is
    1106-D, Queen Road, Aulong,
    34000 Taiping, Perak
    Phone number is 05-8074136 and 012-5635919

    ReplyDelete