2011-02-21

Home cooked Sunday lunch

When stay at home mothers claimed their off day from cooking, working mother like me would stay home and cook on weekends. We normally ate at home on weekends, and either my husband or myself was the chef. Recently, he always fights with me for the spatula and wok. Since he enjoys cooking so much, I just let him be the chef.
 We boiled lotus root and cranberry beans soup in slow cooker on Saturday night.
 Long bean omelet.
 Canned bake bean with fried eggs, potatoes and onions.
 A big pot of Chrysanthemum tea to ease April's sore throat.

The combination of these dishes was quite bad actually. Bean, bean and bean only. Wakakakaka! It is ok, I like beans.  

11 comments:

  1. Oh.. not only beans, but eggs too~ kekeke!
    Anyhow, home cooked dish is always healthier than hawkers'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, bean, bean and bean :P
    Agree with Yvonne, home cooked dish is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are blessed with a husband who enjoys homecooked food. Mine loves outside food more than anything else. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah...your husband enjoys cooking huh..lucky lah you. The dishes look really appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh...beans make us fart a lot...kakakkkakakaka

    ReplyDelete
  6. My stomach starting to 'growl' already just by seeing those delicious food pics ..

    I did not realised that it was a bean feast until you highlighted it :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize there was so much beans until you mentioned it. I like beans too and wouldn't mind having this meal :) Lotus root soup is my favourite too (esp when boiled with peanuts)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My DH also likes to cook. We should get together and let the guys do the cooking. Hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aiyor, so envy that both of you "Fu Cheong Fu Chui" (husband and wife had a good time) in the kitchen, the food are simple and nice!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha...bean and bean.... because he knows you love beans? Anyway...you got a loving hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wah... your home-cooked looks delicous! Ya, you're right, SAHM like me will only eat out or "ta-bao" on weekends.. haha. too tiring to cook everyday! Your husband is great! My hubby can't cook...:(

    ReplyDelete