2011-02-19

When she is quiet and moody

April came back from school yesterday. She didn't talk as much as she used to be. She looked moody and tired. She lose her appetite. Despite of no appetite, I forced her finish the food and sent her to her UCMAS lesson. Coming back home, she stayed up late till 11pm to finish 5 types of homework, as she still has to go to school for the Saturday replacement class on the next day.  

The mother's instinct, I know she is unwell and I let her sleep with me yesterday night after taking a dose of paracetamol. She developed fever mid of the night, which I could feel by touching her forehead and I heard her coughing a few times through out the sleep.

I just mentioned about the last visit to the paediatrician was in May 2010 here . It is really a taboo for me to mention about their improvement in health and growth, and now she really falls sick. I should forever stop talking about this. T____T.
I am working today, Her father is going to bring her to the clinic. Probably, she may need to skip the replacement class today.
My little May got mild running nose 2 days ago. I hope she won't get bitten  by her jie jie's bug. She slept with her father and she made no complain to the extra attention that I gave to her jie jie last night.

9 comments:

  1. Hope there's nothing serious with April and speedy recovery to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... sometimes I also pantang and restrict myself from talking about my kids' health too. Not sure it's mere coincidence or I'm being superstitious.

    Wish April to get well soon and take lots of fluid and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hayley and Yvonne, I just talked over the phone with their father. The doctor confirmed that April got throat infection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear. poor girls. hope they get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope both of them get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm commenting again because Ashley is now coughing and feverish. I suspect she has throat infection too :( going to the paed's tomorrow. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kids falling ill is a mother's nightmare. Do give your girls some barley and honey. Also ask them to gargle their throat with salt water. Hope they will get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My boy had fever on and off two Saturdays ago. I pumped him with lots of herbal tea and luckily it went off two days later. *phew* Exam is coming, cannot afford to fall sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya....very pantang to say good things on the kids. It happens a few times on myself too. I praised the kids and next, bad things happened. Hope your girls are recovering now.

    ReplyDelete