Easy way to tie a bun

14:41 Yannie 18 Comments

When April started her primary school, I was having a concern that she might need to cut her hair short. Because we heard that some Chinese schools have a rule, that the girls' hair longer than the shoulder have to tie a bun. None of us in the house knows how to tie a bun. Luckily, later we found out that her school isn't this strict. Her headmaster stressed on no colourful hair accessories in school area, only blue, white and black colors hair ties are allowed in school.  However, I saw many girls wearing colourful hair pins to school.

Nevertheless, I am still exploring method to tie a bun for April. Just in case, the school suddenly has enforced new rule. Last Friday, I managed to learn easy way to tie a bun after buying a "Doughnut" from pasar  malam.

Step 1, tie up a pony tail. I have to apply some hair crystal oil to April's hair, in order to make a very tidy pony tail, as she has volumized hair since born.
Step 2, put her pony tail into the hole of the "Doughnut".
Step 3, I asked April to bend down her head, and look at her belly button. This step is to make her pony tail into a flower shape.
Step 4,  tie up the bun with a hair rubber band. Pull all the hair end to the bottom of the bun. Tighten the hair end with a hair pin when necessary.
Step 5,  decorate the bun with any accessories you like.
Tada....The bun is done. This is my first time tying bun on April's hair. The result is not bad. I will practise more to make the bun more perfect in future.

Today, I want to go pasar malam again to buy a smaller size "Doughnut", so that I can tie little May's hair into a bun also.

18 comments:

  1. Wait my hair long, you tie for me ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hair accessory looks so interesting. Hopefully tonight won't rain so that I could go to pasar malam to get that "doughnut".

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..nowadays so easily accessible.. cute la..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah, hair so long big buns....now tea time, thinking going to buy some kaya buns liao! Me thinking of food all the time lah...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so smart lah. I was lost on how you managed to make a nice flower shape. -__- April has nice and thick hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another way is to get those hair clips with net.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds easy and convenient!! Am looking forward to buy one and explore myself, haha~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it looks fast and convenient! My time(when I was schooling), I used to pinned a dozen of clips to hold the bun!>_<

    ReplyDelete
  9. bravo. im bad in hairstyle thingy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used quite some time to learn to tie this bun~ I watched Youtube to tie this bun, Youtube video taught a lot of ways to tie this kinda of buns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Yan, this is a very nice hair bun you make. April's hair looks so healthy and it is thick somemore. How I wish my girl have thick hair like April!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sheoh Yan, looks cute, a bit Japanese style I think. But very nice.
    Back in the '60s, the ponytail was the fashion then.
    You are very creative with your live dolls, ha ha.
    Have fun.....
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this is a good tip. i'll need this next year when ashley goes to primary one :) April looks cute with the bun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. neat and tidy! perfect to attend school like that.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. April's hair is really thick and looks very healthy! :) Tying a bun is a good idea cos it not only looks neat but feels more cooling too (nothing brushing against the neck).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice bun! I always fail to tie this kind of bun on Xixi last time. I thought it was complicated, but it was so easy follow your step-by-step.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing! I have never really known how to tie a bun until I read this post. :-D

    ReplyDelete