Folks, I really appreciate your comments, thoughts, supports that you gave me in my previous entry.
My FB friends dropped me a lot of valuable inputs on my FB wall and also private message. A colleague also called up to share with me her experiences with her kids.
There were a few remarks, which really touched my heart and got me into deep thinking. I would like to compile those remarks here as my future reference.
1. Instead of scolding and punishment, give children a lot of motivation and encouragement - Mummy Moon , Uncle Lee.
2. Learn looking at the bright side and good points of children, and allow them to make mistake and learn from mistake - a group of my ex-schoolmates like Valerie, Casey, Chong Chee and Lee Peng.
3. Even though as parents we want our children to score As in school, but more importantly is that they grow up to be responsible, trustworthy, caring, independent adults who can get along with everybody and have good work ethics. We want them to be strong when facing adversity and be resourceful enough to solve whatever problems come their way - AiLian
4. Parents ought to control the emotion well, and give only positive reaction to children. When we are upset, we have to try focusing on how to help children overcoming their weakness, but not focusing on the marks - Su Yeah (my ex-course mate)
5. Should not give ourselves and children too much pressure, and do not push them too hard. - Broccoli Ginger, Barbara, Joanne
Once again, thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts with me. I am really grateful.
I have discussed with April on why I was angry, why I was disappointed, what was wrong with me, what was wrong with her, what she learns from this, what I learn from this, how I can do better and how she can do better, and etc. We hugged, kissed and said "I love you" before turning the light off.