2011-03-28

What Vietnamese women wear

I captured a few shots of what Vietnamese women wear on the street.
 Many Vietnamese women wear traditional pyjamas type outfits with a coolie hat.
I kept seeing Vietnamese women wearing these matching blouse and pants, be it in the market or in the street. Here, we only see this type of matching blouse and pants on kids. Adult, probably only wear this type of outfits to sleep.

The strange things is I couldn't see this type of outfit being sold in their market. May be they tailor made these blouses and pants themselves.
Some of the women I met there also quite revealing in their fashion. Low cut blouse with hot pants were the Vietnamese sweet young things (SYTs) ' favourite.
On the other hand, firms and companies in Vietnam making Ao DAI, the traditional costume as their office uniform. This costume is presented as a formal wear in their country.

7 comments:

  1. u r so observant. haha...I did not even noticed what they wear...My eyes only searching for food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their pyjamas style is really very awkward. Are you sure it's tailor made? Because in the 2nd pic there is one lady with colourful circular black clothes has the same blouse as one lady in the 3rd pic, kekeke~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i made 2 sets of viet attire but never wear.. hahaa...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks for sharing Yan, really an eye opener for me ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah, April and May got their clogs customized, how interesting!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can see their clothes are very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love to see them in Ao Dai. Very feminine :) The top and pants outfit reminds me of what my grandmother used to wear when she was young :D

    ReplyDelete