2011-04-21

Supper snacks 2

My girls and also my husband favourite snack for supper can be get from Pasar Malam too,  in Hokkein, we called it ban chan kuih, in Mandarin is 曼煎糕, in Malay is called Apam Balik. I am not too sure what it called in English.

There are 2 stalls selling Ban Chan Kuih in Pasar Malam at our place. I like to go to the lady who makes the ban chan kuih with "pandan" batter, which has very thick peanut filling.
I tell ya! I had to queue up when buying these ban chan kuih. I would sometime pre-order  it earlier, and collected it before the pasar malam ended, so that I could get the fresh from pan supper for my girls.
April was trying to break her record. The ban chan kuih on her hand was the 3rd piece already. 
Little May is a smaller eater, she also took her 2nd piece of ban chan kuih already.
April wanted to go for the 4th piece, but she could only take 2 bites then she gave up already, as she was really too full. She told me her stomach was pain and she wanted to poo already.

I blogged about my kids other supper snacks here.

13 comments:

  1. Yan,
    this can be very filling. If I were to take 4 pieces , will have to skip meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, my favourite, my girl's favourite!! during weekends, i will get two pieces each time from the kg simee market.. thick fillings but not greenish only!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be really good to make April go on a record-breaking eating spree. Wow, 3 pieces is no joke! This kuih is very filling. I like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried making ban chien kuih last year. Burned it a little, so it become Burn Chien kuih! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know April was a big eater and could chomped down 3 pcs at one go.. The last pic of hers looked so funny..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the last picture, your princess so cute rubbing the tummy! LOL!

    Looks delicious, though I normally opted for the thin crust apam, but I won't mind to hv a few of this pandan one!^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good supper choice to fatten your gals.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I super love this kuih also! Alot of sugar inside, but don't care la! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah! April can takes 3 pieces, she really surprised me! Good... like how I wish my girl would finish 1 piece.

    I see ban chan kueh from this stall is selling like hot cakes. Non stop baking and packing to customer and it finishes within minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wah, looks so tiny but can wallop so much! I like the crispy type of apam balik :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, English it is called Chinese pan cake, hahahha simply tembak one lah,,,

    i used to love this very much when i was small, but now it seems that they have turned into like many many types of ba chien kuih so i no syiok already,, no childhood favor already ma

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this kuih too....but will normally go for those mini ones made by the malay. Crispy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh this is my favourite. The Cantonese called it "Tai Kau Meen". I just had one last night as it was pasar malam night. I strayed a bit from my diet...shhhhh.

    ReplyDelete