2011-04-14

Supper snacks

When my girls came back from their enrichment classes or tuitions, they would ask for supper. They both are taking 1 feeding of milk before bedtime only. Nowadays a glass of milk isn't enough to quench their hunger anymore. They need more than that. So, I will either give them bread or biscuit to go with the milk. Some time I will cook them dry instant noodle too.

When it is a 'Pasar Malam' day, they can have more choices for supper.
This evening, Little May had her most favourite Nyonya Kueh, 2 pieces of Seseme Rice ball (煎堆), 2 pieces of 'Putu Mayong' with coconut floss and brown sugar.
Whereas, April had one piece of 9 layer kueh (九层糕, Kuih Lapis), one piece of Seseme Rice ball (煎堆) and 2 pieces of 'putu mayong'. One Malaysia supper for my kids. lol!

Although my kids used to be hungry coming back from activities, taking supper and going to bed straight, they didn't seem to gain a lot of weight. I wonder why.

Do your children take supper? What do they normally eat for supper?

14 comments:

  1. Previously mine didn't really take supper, only a glass of warm milk. Until recently when she comes back from her art class, she begin asking for food.

    She has 2 pieces of bread or a few cupcakes I bought from pasar malam. Btw, my girl is not a kueh lover. She only takes one or two types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. envy ler! Hehe.. cos they're growing up. cannot become fat one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those days we had supper.. but ever since they left home, me and my girl just take dinner and that is it! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish mine would take supper :( once in a while only she'll ask for bread with milk. putu mayam is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls are active and growing. Unless they are inactive and eat more than they require, they won't gain weight so easily. Your choices of kuih is good too.. not those oily deep-fried stuff :)

    Chloe usually just drinks milk before bedtime. If we had early dinner, then she would ask for biscuits or nuts or cereals. I usually bake bread at night too and when there's bread, she'll eat my freshly baked bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids supper is nen nen, lol!! I like pasar malam day too. If happen they eat something late at night, I normally give half serving of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uncle Pete take supper every night but still skinny! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about getting fat lah, you take them for swimming and ping pong kan,,? so ok lah.

    hey have a great weekend ya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yan,
    I think children burn faster than adult??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Long time never eat putu mayong liao! Miss it so much~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gwen will ask for cheese if she wants a snack. She will drink 8 oz of milk before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erm... it's not a norm for us to take supper after 7pm. They will hv milk before bed, guess that's the best supper they call it a day!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suddenly felt like eating putu mayam. So long did not eat those already !

    My kids usually drink milk before bed time. Occasionally, they will eat bread or if we adults went out for supper, they will eat together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe kids hv higher metabolic rate? As we age, our body metabolic rate also slows down.

    ReplyDelete