2011-04-23

Under the mango tree

Malaysia mangoes are in season now. My family has taken more than a dozen of mangoes in the past one week. 
These may be the best one I have ever eaten in this year. The fruit vendor chastised me for squeezing a mango to test for ripeness, when I complained to him that the mangoes which I bought the day before were sour.  
Seeing so many mangoes in my refrigerator, I started to miss my favourite mangoes pudding. This time I wanted to make the pudding all by myself  without the mess help from my girls. They have too many activities outside, and  also I have limited time at home. So, when they were not around, I got all the ingredients back home, made the pudding and kept in the refrigerator.
While waiting for the pudding to turn chill, and there was still 1.5 hours to kill before the kids came back, I still could catch up  a movie of Andy Lau and Gong Li through PPS.  

Easy steps to make mangoes pudding.
  1. Mix 80g sugar, half can of evaporated cream milk and 1500ml water, stir well and bring to boil till sugar dissolves in water.
  2. Off the fire, add in half pack of pudding and half pack of jelly powder , stir for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
  3. Cut mango into cubes, and put mango cubes in a desired shape mould.
  4. Pour the mixture into the mould.
  5. Chill well and serve.
p/s: Do not remove pudding from mould, before you serve. This is to prevent pudding becomes too watery.

Mango is rich in amino acids, vitamin C and E, flavonoids, beta carotene, niacin, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium.

Below are the Top Ten health and nutrition benefits of eating mangoes:

1.Anti cancer.
2.Eye health.
3.Helps in digestion.
4.Benefits to skin.
5.Helps in diabetes.
6.For better sex.
7.Beneficial for anemia.
8.Boost memory.
9.Avoid heat stroke.
10.Weight gain.

Mangoes can be eaten both raw and ripe. Mangoes are a good source of vitamins and minerals essential for the human body. Always have mangoes in your daily diet as this can benefit your health more than you usual non fiber diet.

Read more: http://www.lifemojo.com/lifestyle/top-10-health-benefits-of-mangoes-23759891#ixzz1KJhCdHc1
 
p/s: I like the first 9 benefits of mangoes, but I hate the number 10.

14 comments:

  1. Hey, I like mango dessert. Thanks for the treat the other day, they were delicious despite a little sourness taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer to eat the fruits rather than pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm....they sure look delicious. I bet your girls must be delighted to see the puddings waiting for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sheoh Yan, that mango pudding looks delicious! Love the colour, mango colour too.
    Looking at your 2nd pic, we're very fortunate here there are more huge Chinese Supermarkets than we have been to.

    Where we live we have 7 huge ones, Taiwanese, China and HK ones all competing with each other....but the ones that lose are the orang puteh supermarkets.
    Even the Whites, Black, whatever shop at the Chinese supermarkets....where they have big foodcourts inside too.

    And we can get that agar you have in the picture. As well mangos, durians throughout the year.
    Langsats, chikus, rambutans, big jambus too.
    They come from Thailand, Vietnam, China, India and US.

    Ha ha ha, bet that shop owner not pleased you pressed his mangos!
    I hold them and sniff it instead. Can smell if its ripe and sweetish.
    You have a nice day. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, didn't know so many benefits of eating mangoes, but i know #10 definitely!! haha.. well, i guess still we need to eat moderately and i heard mangoes are heaty too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the mango dessert, though it's very sweet, I still like it, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whenever I heard the word MANGO my saliva started to drool liao... love your glossy looking little mango pudding, now I'm so tempted to make mango ice cream liao!>_<

    ReplyDelete
  8. how to tell whether the mango may be a 黑心 mango? i once spend RM12 bought one mango at Jusco, come back cut it, see it's black inside, dare not cut any further, whole mango goes into dustbin. So now and then when i wanna buy mango, i really struggle...:( I love mango, so do my kids.....but too bad, i don't know how to choose leh.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love no 10.....ha ha ha, need to gain weight! LOL!

    No 6 sure can or not? 2moro, I go buy 1 basket full of mangoes.. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!! looks very nice!!!!! yummy yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pudding looks good. But I still prefer to eat the fresh mangoes!! I like mangoes so much! I have bought mangoes from pasar malam during its seasn.. Some Malay stall sells don;t know what mangoes which I like it so much.. It look green outside but the flesh is actually yellow. It is sweet!!

    Best of all the price for 1 kg only rm5!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mangoes and recently, bought those yellow type too. Aiya...the vendor told me they are very sweet but they turned out sour. A bit disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks great. cute daughters u have. i'm finding myself some mango puddings now..(why can't i just make it myself? haha~)

    ReplyDelete