2011-05-09

New passion in life

....is working out  in the gym.

Last time, I used to go to gym only when I gained weight.

Started in April, I went to gym 2 to 3 times a week, each time 1.5 hours to 2 hours. So, I call this my new passion.

Actually, a petite lady whom I met there gave me the inspiration, and now I have the motivation to go to gym more often.  

She is a stay at home mom of 4 kids. She is 2 years younger than me. Her kids age from 11 (girl), 10 (girl), 4 (boy) and 1.5 (girl). She goes to gym every day. She told me even first day of CNY also, she was there. She spent 4 hours there in the morning, from 7.30am to 11.30am.

She spends 2 hours on the treadmill, and the rest of the hours on lifting weights. She has to change her sport attires once in between the session. You can imagine how much she sweats during the work out.
A mother of 4 is definitely not an easy task, and yet she can spare 4 hours per day in the gym. I really salute her will power and determination in working out.

During our conversation, she told me she enjoys food too. After the heavy workout, she would reward herself with food that she loves, like dessert and cakes. She also arranges her elder kids to go to extra activities and her younger kids to her PIL's place on certain days, so that she can go for a date with her husband, be it movie or dining. I really like how she arranges her time to do things that she enjoys, and thus lead to a very healthy lifestyle and happy marriage.

She indeed inspired me a lot, and I take her as my gym buddy now. If I am not working, I will  also go to the gym everyday like her.
This is the gym that I go at Chinese Recreation Club. Though it is quite run down, some treadmills and some Gintell machines are just newly invested. I just finished an hour of jogging on the treadmill on Friday evening.
Camwhoring in front of the mirror after twirling a hula hoop around the lower waist for 30 minutes. It was about 9pm, and no one there in the gym except me, but there were still many members at down stair court playing badminton.

I am now spending 2 hours in line dancing, 2 hours in yoga, and at least 3 hours in the gym every week. In average, I spend 1 hour to do exercise every day. I guess this exericse regime and my normal healthy diet are good enough for me to stay fit and healthy. This also explains why I have no time for another baby. Since my younger is already 5 years old, I am able to do things that I like. I am now in my comfort zone.

16 comments:

  1. ............and you shall eventually feeling "top of the world" when you feel good bout yourself, me too, thinking of asking my lovely wife to go to the gym as well, as age catches up, we must tone the body as often as we can and exercise and some weightlifting is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercise is good for our body and health... way to go Yan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your active lifestyle! Exercise is very important, I know. But I just don't have the drive and discipline to do it regularly :( Maybe I need to get some inspiration from you and start moving my butt soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo to your new-found passion! It's a healthy activity and I bet I could see a hot-toned mama in the next few month ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos that you have the determination to go work out at the gym. That lady you talked about also very fantastic. But 4 hours at the gym with 4 kids to care for? I'm guessing she has a maid. For me, I wake up at 5:50am and by the time I'm done with housework and cooking, it is already 11am - 12pm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really good to do exercise everyday! I hope I can be like you and your gym buddy that you mentioned. Keep it up, Sheoh Yan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! You are so determine too.. salute your positive spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to sweat out! I don't think i can run so long.... i will out of breath! hehe....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ai Lian, you are right, she has a partime helper. I personally don't think it is neccessary to work out for 4 hours a day. Every day, 1 to 1.5 hours in the gym is more than enough. If I am a stay at home mom, I also don't think I can have the luxury to spend 4 hours in the gym every day. There are lots more at home that I need to care for, like homework revision, domestic work, nap, play time or craft time with the kids and etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..wish i could go to the gym too.. no kaki here la.. even polo ground, i m lazy to go.. sigh.. so i guess i got to eat less..

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHhhhhhh... envy, how I wish to enjoy 'Me' life like you now, mine still a long way to go leh... sob sob!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are looking good sheoh yan. keep it up, but don't overworked thought.
    it will be good if you can do it on alternate days instead of everyday, as the body need time to recover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is indeed a very good motivation and passion, i hope i can regain those for myself too.. have been lazying down and relaxing myself too much, i guess i really need to tell myself to be serious on my workout, else i'll end up being obese sooner or later~~ :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wah...you are so discipline. *clap clap* I always wanted to go to the gym but I'm too lazy. You are my role model.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, looks like you are an exercise queen now :) well done. wish i am just as determined as you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great job great passion, 1 to 1.5 hour is good already ... u r right, we hv many others work to take care beside our full time job ...
    Keep up the good work, and Happy Belated Mom days to u !!!

    ReplyDelete