2011-05-11

A portrait of mother 2011

Very seldom I talk about my Little May's art work, as I always find Art is not in her field.

Last week, she told me her teacher let them draw a portrait of mother to pay tribute to mothers on Mother's Day. Her drawing was selected to be put up on the wall, and she was given a small token from her teacher for doing the portrait well. She asked me to go to her kindergarten to have a look at her drawing. She reminded me that her teacher would remove the drawing soon after the Mother's Day. I kept procrastinating paying her a visit in her kindergarten.

Yesterday, she again drew me the similar portrait at home. When she passed to me, I was really touched. I  apologized to her that I still couldn't find a time to go to her school to take a look at her drawing. I hope her teacher is still keeping her drawing.
When I took a closer look at the portrait of ME, I saw that I have long hair. Now I know she wants my hair long.

Me, "May, why you drew mummy having one tooth only?"
May, "That is your tongue."
lol!

I actually like the wording "Mother, I love you. " the most.

16 comments:

  1. hahhahahaahhaha...such a cute drawing, especially the tongue part :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckilly didn't draw mommy holding cane....he he he!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, how come she drew and then erased your eyebrows?

    Little May wants mummy to be happy always - she drew a sun, flowers and butterfly. Such a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah...she drew mummy looking so happy. U r sure a happy mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way she drew you. :)She's so proud of you that's why she keeps telling you to go to her kindy. I think to her, you're a happy person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, so cute la!
    I also thought that is your teeth leh! =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha terbalik with Chloe... she drew me with very short hair when I actually have shoulder-length hair. May's drawing is very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it,,that's not your tooth, that's your tongue,,, you know next time you should take the effort of going to see her art work in school if she asks you too, she will be very happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son drew me a potrait, too! But much simpler...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your little May can draw quite well for a 5yo. Love the picture and that she drew you with long hair :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just look at the eyes.. the L shape nose.. and one tooth/tongue?? hehehee...and one more.. hands on hips.. very good pose! your girl is creative la..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rolled eyes.... I actually thought tht was April's drawing!!! Yan, your May is talented in art, don't doubt her anymore! LOL!;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha, and why she was imagining you showing your tongue when she was drawing you?? so funny, haha~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. real cute. treasure it. it may not look like you, but she drew it with her heart and that's what matters most. enjoy your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty with that lil tongue she drew! She makes ur day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. May's drawing is very nice. I thought that was a tooth too..haha.

    ReplyDelete