2011-07-27

Crave for baby

Being the youngest child in the family, I always longed for a baby sister or baby brother when I was young. Wherever I go, babies sure attract my attention. Even now, I am already a mother of two young kids, I still love babies. I miss my children's baby moment so much.

Although I adore babies a lot, I don't plan to have another baby. As a full time working mother, I am feeling exhausted almost every night when I retire to bed. Juggling between family and work, just like a candle burning at two ends. Furthermore, my husband and myself desire to have more space and time for ourselves. I have the heart to have a baby, but I don't have the energy to raise the baby. (心有余而力不足)We will stop at 2 children, unless God give me a surprise.

One fine day, when I have the sudden crave for baby again, I told my daughters.

Me : April, May, mummy loves babies so much. In future, you get married and have babies, by then mummy has retired also. Mummy helps you girls taking care your babies, ok?

After thinking for a minute, my 7 years old April, she is a very possessive kid showed her disapproval on my idea.

April: No mummy, you cannot take care of my baby and Mei Mei's baby at the same time. You  may mix up my baby and her baby.

Me: What!!!!!!!!!!

Will I be such an old clumsy grand nanny who can mix up the grand kids???????

20 comments:

  1. And i really hope God will give you a surprise or two,,kekekekekek.

    you are just like me, was just talking with my wifey,how nice kalau dulu,kita kaya sikit,,, then can 4 more hahahah, now sudah kaya sikit sikit,, tapi usia sudah menjangkau lioa,,,,

    sob sob sob

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL. So they afraid of you mixing up their babies??? I thought they will say you will be more tired and exhausted to take care their babies... wahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...so cute-la your girl! She scared you old already become a bit nyanyuk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kekekeke, April's reply must left you speechless huh :P

    No la, I don't think you'd mix them up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't expect April would give such a comment..haha..she is very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Errr... April, the suitable word here is Alzheimer's, kekeke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry for missing for so long. Visiting you again.

    LOL on your girl's reaction!!! Hmm.... she is a very careful girl. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha... i send you mine when my babysister is off, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. you should tell her no worry mummy will put an id on their arm like they do at the hospital. that why sure no mixed up.
    kids are such innocent with their answer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hhahaahhhaha....she has a point there :D i also love babies and won't resist to carry one when i have a chance :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL at April's comment :D It's common for ladies to love babies... maternal instinct ma ;) I'm craving badly for a baby too but circumstances just won't allow me to have another. I'm so sad and disappointed that I won't be able to give Chloe a sibling :( Well, that's life... we don't always get what we want and I just have to accept the sad fact.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha, then maybe you want to quit your job and become a full time babysitter?? for me, it's totally different, i am scared of babies because i cannot handle them, haha.. toddler that can talk and run and interact are more cute to me~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sheoh Yan, hey, get another baby, have a maid to care for baby....and your girls will love being babysitters too, with a live doll, ha ha.
    Who knows, you get a boy!
    Have a nice day,
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He he he, cute!

    I love babies...., but taking care of them can be quite tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Echo Eugene. Me and hubby would have wanted 4 but then usia sudah melanjut. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. April is speaking from experience could have seen the true colors of her grandma or someone's grandma for being absent minded or nyanyuk thus equating you to be so when you grow old. She is a very smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Meaning she will not burden you with babies to take care.. she wants you to relax and just enjoy the time with her... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hehe.. Then u pretend to mix them up lah. Call April May n May April n see what happens! :D So cute lah this April...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to have another baby too, even though I know it will be very demanding and draining on me since I'm working full-time, my Juan Or still needs a lot of attention from me (he still needs me, not his Papa, to do a lot of things for him) and a lot of household things (cooking, cleaning, buying groceries, buy economy rice for dinner, clear rubbish, etc) are also done by me alone. But both Juan Or and my hubby are not keen to have another one. And it's not easy to 'bluff' my husband in bed.....^_^

    ReplyDelete