2011-08-17

Feasting

My kids are taking supper almost every night. I don't mind, because they are considered as thin.  My elder used to be chubby, but losing weight after entering Primary 1. My younger is only slightly fatter than the Afghanistan's starving children. Hence, I let them feast on any food for supper.

Monday, my husband offered to buy us the supper. He came back and laid the supper on the able.
This amount of food were for 2 adult and 2 kids. In fact, it was for 1 adult and 2 kids. I only took a few small bites here and there, due to the low metabolism rate that I have, I actually can't afford to eat after 8pm. Those few bites had enough to sentence me to death, and think of standing to sleep, so that I could burn the extra calories over night.
Dim Sum from the pasar malam nearby my place.
Popiah, Char Koey Teow and Char Kuey Kak were also from the pasar malam.

My younger, May is a small eater. Only my elder, April was able to help her father finishing the food.

21 comments:

  1. wow, such heavy supper ... but once a while is ok ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple but nice. once in a while is still ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...so much food for supper! I don't mind helping you eat all the food..haha. My Gwen is also quite thin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the popiah....arghhh u make drooling for popiah jor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Gosh! I'm salivating! This reminded me when I was young. My parents also stuffed us with supper every night. Those were wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. so much food for supper!! long time i dint take supper liow..

    ReplyDelete
  7. wah, that was a heavy supper lor!! how i wish i could eat like that, but then too bad i don't have that quota also~~ :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really a LOT of food for supper!! I am quite disciplined, I don't eat anything after 9pm, as I hv low metabolic rate too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wah!! so much food!?!? Can finish ah?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy yummy says my tummy. Someone is making me feel very hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That supper was real heavy. A plate of char kuey kak is enough for me and my kids. We are smaller eater :)

    If my hubb can finished all those on the table, I don't mind asking him to get them. I can nibble a bit from here and there, hehehe.... Too bad, he couldn't and I'm scared I would be the one end up walloping all the food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, the food is simply mouth-watering. Your girls can still eat this after dinner? That's very good. I can't help laughing at your remark about 'standing to sleep'. I bet that would be difficult to do..hahahahhahaa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, very heavy supper.....Uncle Pete also want....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your supper so inviting especially the popiah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Alice,

    I regret eating supper because I am not overweight. When I was in Uni, I used to call up friends to hang out for late supper. We ate spicy and oily food at Bangi. Ate lots of meat too. I was thin back then. But after a few years, I grow bigger and bigger.

    So far, I have not let my son eat supper. But maybe you have a valid reason to do so. If your hubby is chubby, then how come your kids are thin? Hahahah! must be from you right?

    The food looks dlicious. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dimsum, Popiah, Char Koey Teow and Char Kuey Kak all my favorite..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow so much goodies! You ate a little, May also ate a little which means your hubs and April polished off the rest? Very "geng"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very yummy. I like pasar malam food like this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha....laughing at how you describe your girls! They are not that thin la.... I used to eat supper too when I was a child. Now, only take once a while...sometimes, have the urge to eat else cannot sleep. hehe

    ReplyDelete