2011-08-03

Trick my kids to take more veggie: part 2

 I am really grateful for all your comments in my earlier post. I feel really overwhelmed by your encouragement on trying to trick my kids to take more veggie.

My another trick is to boil a big pot porridge of vegetable with lean pork meat.
I reckon the porridge didn't look appealing at all, but it was really very sweet and yummy.


I put in 2 Japanese sweet potatoes, 1 potato, 1 carrrot, 1 small slice of pumpkin. All chop into small pieces, and boil with 100gram of lean pork meat in the slow cooker.

My girls called it as baby porridge. I gave both of them a big bowl of it when cooked, as I didn't want them to complain that they were hungry. Eating only vegetable porridge with not much protein.

They love it, but when they ate until the last few bites in the bowl, they showed me a gesture of likely to vomit. I guess they were too full, ain't the porridge not nice. T____T.

p/s: I tasted it myself, it is nice. Trust me.

14 comments:

  1. Pumpkin porridge is always my fav too.. It is sweet and i like the golden colour....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's tasty with the Jap potatoes and all the other sweet stuff. But I don't think my kids will take this now - they will say the same - baby food, and they'll tell me we're no babies anymore. Good on your girls for still willing to eat baby porridge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks yummy to me. btw, i still cook porridge like this for Ashley twice a week. The reason is the same - wanting our kids to eat more vege :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this yellowish goodness porridge, certainly good for eye sight!^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the japanese sweet potatoes.. but i rather have them steamed.. hahaha.. yes, the porridge is nutritious.. if only the kids wallop all.. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehe, so this is successful?? the kids eat till the bowl is as clean as mirrors!! yeah, now you know how to make them eat vegetables already, hahaha~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! You have got one overgrown baby drooling here, Bananaz loves baby porridge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like porridge with tonnes of ingredients cooked in it. Too bad my son prefers rice, He's reluctant to open his mouth when he sees porridge :(

    Maybe I will try to cook like this one day. If you see me gaining extra baby fat, you'll know that my kids have rejected the food and I have had it all by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. walking here with a smile.. have a nice day ~ =D

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your porridge looks yummy to me. Gwen doesn't quite like to eat porridge. Luckily, she has no problem eating veges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I know how sweet and yummy this porridge is cos I cook this quite often too :) I don't quite like sweet potato in porridge but I put in A LOT of pumpkin... sometimes as much as half a medium-sized pumpkin. We love pumpkin very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I used to cook this way too, very nutritious. Apart reduce body heat, it also helps in bowel movement too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kids eat porridge at least once a week. Too bad I am lazy to add in anymore veges in their porridge now. I would like to try adding in some veges for them like what you did.

    ReplyDelete