2011-09-28

Love bread

Love bread is the google translate answer that I got for 爱心面包.  After seeing Barb and Alice Law's version of  love bread. Here is my version.
I used Gardenia wholemeal bread. Remove eadge and apply margarine on the bottom piece of bread. Sprinkle a bit of sugar at each corner.
 Sprinkle  some colourful balls on the heart and star shapes.
 I told my daughters, heart shape is 爱 and star shape is 星(心). So, this is 爱心面包.
 April gobbled down 2 sets, 4 pieces of breads as her snack before bedtime.
May kept asking me questions like, "Mummy, are you making this bread for me? " , "Is this for me, mummy?"

They must be surprised to see their mother's creativity.

This is the good thing that we get to learn and share through blogging. I love this idea very much.

17 comments:

  1. yeah simple deco like this makes the food taste better and have more meaning. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best thing of blogging~ thanks for sharing the idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice attempt, Yan. April is a big eater, I guess, can chomp down 4 slices of bread at one go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cool,actually you are right,sharing we learn more,,I am really looking forward to reading some about healthy quick meals prepared for my boys, cos I want to get back to kitchen to cook to lessen my wife's chores,,,any to share....may be one soup,two dishes all different for 5 days in a row?

    take care now ya

    a

    ReplyDelete
  5. A simple trick to get the lil one to eat a hearty meal. I'm touched by May's constant queries. She's such a sweet darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surprisingly the beads aren't sweet hor... glad tht your princesses like it. Your girls are such thoughtful sweet pie, I think they were more touched thn surprise!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that's a great idea! Your girls are touched and impressed, I'm sure. You are their idol..;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aahhhh....very nice. your girls must be very surprised and pleased with the bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah...the kids love them ! Really 'Love bread'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I like to see how your girls eat. They really enjoyed the breads. :) I need to fatten up Gwen this way too..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! You've hopped on board too in making these love breads. It's a sweet thing to do for the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehehe, yeah, i think kids will love the bread done this way.. a little more color and creativity will make them eat more.. good trick, maybe you can do that to things they hate to eat!! haha~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes, couldnt agree more on the blogging part, so much sharing around here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this "love bread" post is really "contagious"! I think I just got "infected" too haha. I think I'm going to make this for Chloe's afternoon snack later :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. my girls will complain if I give them wholemeal bread, they will sure want those sprinkles if they see yours version of love bread..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guess your princesses are seeing those breads as 'meaningful breads' from Mum with LOVE! :-)

    ReplyDelete