2011-09-24

Output is finally more than input

2 weeks after Hari Raya, my company let all the employees had a feast on Malay Raya food in the club house.

Before the celebration was started, my mind had wandered to the club house. While doing my programming work, I could already smell the Chicken Rendang, Lemang, Nasi Himpit and Laksa.

Nonetheless, I still needed to withstand the temptation. I tried very best to focus on my job on hand. That day, it took specially long to reach the lunch time.
I took a bowl of laksa, chicken rendang, lemang and fruit. I again took some rendang and nasi himpit at the second round.
Yours truly and colleagues.

Back at home, exactly 9 hours after this Raya celebration lunch, the sign of food poisoning emerged. I had unbearable stomach cramps, which made me run to the toilet. It took me approximately 20 minutes in the first visit at the throne, and then it followed by 2nd, 3rd, 4th visits.... I had lost count how many visit. After purging, I showered my bum with water,  as my bum was very painful and I didn't dare to wipe it anymore.

Then, I still could watch 2 chapters of Laughing Sir with my husband safely. I thought that I had detoxified all the toxins before I went to bed.  In the mid of the night, the abdominal pain  made me feel like having the labour contraction. I didn't look at the clock, I only remembered that I jumped up twice to sit on the throne.
TVB drama (Edited poster)
Every time I had a feast on food, I would worry that my input is more than output. Only this time, I had no worry. The output was definitely more than the input. I didn't shit for the next couple of days due to the excessive purging on that day. After 3 days only my purging system was back to the normal.

19 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I guess the food must have been contaminated. What about your other colleagues or only you alone kena? Well, instead of going to the gym to burn your calories away, you go to the toilet to "detox" hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the edited poster :D

    Hmm, though it's suffering, but I remember you like 'lao sai' one, can 'kiam pui' :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mummy Chloe, apparently, all other colleagues who tasted the rendang, all 'kena'. I guess the curry rendang was contaminated and had bacteria.


    Hayley, yes, you are so right. I didn't complain much, but the stomach pain was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yan,
    I know it is like. most of the time when ever I had rendang sure kena one. so now I am more care and try to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, sorry to hear about the purging. You have to be careful with the rendangs and curries because stale santan can be lethal.
    The augmented faces in the poster is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be from the curry which had santan - high risk of food contamination. On the bright side, you manage to shed off at least 1kg, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor you! Anyway, eating outside food is like that one. I had my fair share too of sitting at the throne after eating outside food. But then, I had one experience of eating raya food in my project supervisor's house on raya, end up next day purge! Think about it, that's home-cooked food some more! Ai-yoh! But I never told him that I purged after eating food in his house! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, your experience sounds scary. Luckily, you turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monday is the day in my office.. all raya food! looking forward to it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That almost sounded like food poisoning. I am glad you feel okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good detoxification! clean your system mah..hahaha! can skip going to the gym for few days already. that laughing sir poster, are the 2 fellas holding the gun new actors? dont seem to recognise them..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now the bad is flushed out,,,rest well and hit to the gym,get that body worked out right,,

    have a great week ahead ya

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! sorry to hear that. i hope you're fine already. when i first came to kl, i couldn't accept hot n spicy food. i had a week therapy in the toilet. but after a while , i'm used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, must be the oily stuff, hope u have back to your healthy self by now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL!! This is one tactic to slim down without hitting the treadmill. But of course it's unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahh...it's a good way to detox huh? hehehehhehe. Hey, when i first saw the poster, i thought it looked a bit weird. then i looked closely and notice the switched faces..hahahhhaha. i am still chasing after this..almost coming to the end of it :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. so sorry to know you had food poisoning. LOL at the poster.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear.....that's terrible. Glad that you are all healthy again. Lau sai very 'xin gu'.

    ReplyDelete
  19. u know i very scared to go to any kenduri because of the very same reason? each time go kenduri sure come back with the same result.. so these days if i really have to attend kenduri, i'll attend but not eat.. @_@

    ReplyDelete