Roll, roll, roll my Sushi
Thanks folks for all your very kind words and support in my cooking attempts, though the ice-cream moon cakes got "ripped off skins" showing the "flesh inside" like what [SK] has sincerely said. lol!
Here my second plan executed on the Sunday evening before Hari Raya.
1. Get ready all the ingredients,
- giant sheet seaweed
- Japanese rice - boil 2 cups of rice and 2 cups of water,add in salt and sugar.
- sushi mat
- eggs - fried omelet.
- lime - squeeze the juice on the cooked rice, to replace rice vinegar.
- carrot - cut into sticks and steam for 10 minutes.
- a pinch of salt - put into the rice.
- a tablespoon of sugar - put into the rice.
Success rate: 35%
Failure reason: Rice was not enough moisture.
Second time, I put in more water when cooking rice. 1 cup of rice with 2 cup of water.
I didn't put in any ingredient, as my princesses only like to eat the sushi rice.
Success rate: 40%.
Do you think I will try for the 3rd time? I seriously need more skills before I try again. Anyone, please give me some insight. I will be very thankful.
They commented that the seaweed was very yummy and totally forgot about the plain sushi. Again, I needed to swallow all the sushi and woke up an hour earlier on next morning to exercise.