2011-09-08

Yellow food

Enough said all my failure attempts in cooking, I better share some of my succeed stories, before you label me as bad cook.

1. Mangoes jelly
This was the 3rd time I made Konnyaku jelly. So, it was an easy job for me. I put in fresh mangoes in the mould, as I bought the mangoes flavour jelly powder.
Success rate: 99.9%
Success reason: My princesses finished all the pieces in less than 24 hours.

2. Sweet pumpkin and sago dessert
Slice pumpkin, blend it with a cup of water, boil it in a pot of water with some pandan leaves, add in evaporated milk, sugar (depend on your liking), a pinch of salt. Stir every thing and let it boil. Put in sago and let it boil for another 20 minutes. Off the fire and serve. I love it to be chilled, so I kept it in the fridge and took it right after my work out. 
Success rate: 70%
I put in too many sago, and it became quite thick. I gave some to my gym partner, she thanked me profusely after tasting it.

3. Pumpkin and tomatoes spaghetti source
This was my daughters and my lunch on the Sunday before the holiday ended. I made use of the remaining pumpkin, as I would stop cooking until weekend is here again.

I blended pumpkin, 4 tomatoes (seeds removed), 1 big onion, 5 cloves of garlic with half cup of water.
I add in a pinch of salt, 2 big table spoons of tomatoes source and 3 big table spoons of  traditional spaghetti source. Boil everything in the wok. The pasta that I used here was the ribbon type one.

Success rate: 85%
Although it didn't taste like Bolognese or AGLIO OLIO,  it tasted like sweet sour source.  Furthermore, my princesses finished their lunch fast and no fuss, I was much happy seeing them down with spoon and spoon of pumpkin and tomatoes puree.

16 comments:

  1. Well done!!

    I miss the tong sui you cooked..... hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for cooking successes! Aiyo 0.1% also cannot give yourself meh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recipe of Pumpkin and tomatoes spaghetti source is interesting. I guess this is a must try recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!!! guess what? i've never made any konnyaku in my life :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good Yan....You are really expert in making jelly d...I like your konnyaku jelly... *_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pasta sauce is new to me, sweet sour pasta, hehehe...

    Next time please keep some pumpkin dessert for me. I'm drooling now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter is 70% or 85%, Don't judge ur skill so accurate. As long as your girls love the way their mummy does...that is already 100%...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your princesses are lucky to have a hardworking mom like u ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. healthy food! would love to try the pumpkin + sago. Sound so tasty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanna try the sweet pumpkin and sago dessert! Looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard a lot about the pumpkin and sago dessert but never eaten it before. Maybe I should try it one day. It looks so good and I absolutely love pumpkins :)

    I tried making Konnyaku twice and twice also I failed! Really don't know what went wrong. It just won't jadi (won't set properly) although I followed the instructions carefully. Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How unique, sweet sour pasta! I have not a big fan of of jelly but i can see why your princesses eat them all within 24 hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so yummy. You are a good cook. So paiseh, I've never heard of pumpkin and sago dessert before..must be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always nice to eat home cooked meal.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear, the pumpkin pasta sauce, wht a cracking great idea, moreover it's so healthy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pumpkin sago dessert looks really healthy and yummy. I wonder if my girls would eat it. I know I'd love it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete