2011-10-03

Glory Moments

I never thought that my girls will be good in sport, though April is doing quite well in her Table Tennis training so far. I myself wasn't a sport person though I like working out in the gym now. Donkey years ago, I took the School Sport Day as one extra rest day at home.

When April told me that she needed to go to her school Carnival Sport Day on Sunday morning,  I was so reluctant to let her attend it. We always wake up late on Sunday morning.  I tried to coax her to absent from the sport day, but she insisted to go.

We woke up at 7am that Sunday. April was chosen to run in Standard 1 Female 50M category. She told me a day earlier that she would be the champion, as she was the first to reach the finishing line during the trial run. This was the reason why I finally gave in to her and sacrificed my Sunday beauty sleep. What a realistic mom I am!
When the race started, I couldn't sit still, but stood up to yell at her "Run, April, run. Add Oil, Add Oil".  I was just yawning like nobody' business a minute ago before her run. On the other hand, her Papa was busy recording her run at the finishing run. What a proud dad he is!

 April didn't disappoint us, she was really the first to reach the finishing line.
Back at home, April shared her glory moments with her younger sister. She kept telling us that how thrilled and excited she was for winning the champion. Her papa was the second happiest person after her, because he said that April inherited his good gene in sport.
 One entire day, she was wearing her Gold Medal chain around her neck.
She only took it off  when taking bath. This is her very first Gold Medal award.

16 comments:

  1. Bravi,,, April,uncle Eugene is proud of you,,,,,,keep up the good works,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eugene sure is happy.. his happiest is also running..
    Keep up the good sports, girl! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to April for winning her first gold medal. You must be so proud!

    "Add oil, add oil" is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats April ! I'm just like your mum. Will try to avoid sports day. haha....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats April. Mum must be very happy and in cloud nine :)
    Cheers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to april! She is good in both academic and sport. Inherit her parents good genes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. COngrats to April! Wah....from your description, looks like your hubby is the most enthusiastic parent when the child is taking part. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haiyoh, how could you not let her attend that event?? even if she's not winning, it's good to let her participate also mah.. you so bad, haha!! but great, she just bag the gold medal, wow, that's cool!!! reminds me of my primary schooldays too.. i remember always getting the gold medal every year in the event i took part~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to April for emerging champion. Way to go, girl! She has been chosen to run in the race but how come you encouraged her to ponteng? Luckily she was persistent enough and managed to make you change your mind hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. just realised that you're from taiping. wow so your girl can sing, can run..i'm sure i've been missing out a lot since i'm new to your blog. Hurray to April!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to April! She excels in so many areas. I'm so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Give a good pat on your shoulder my friend, you brought up you girls well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations April. So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete