2011-11-01

There's a princess in every girl

My two girls are both very girly type.  They love Disney Princesses and Barbies. They also watch Mickey and The Tom & Jerry Show, but they never like cartoons such as Ben10, Transformers, Power Rangers, Spider man, Batman or Superman. I don't remember that that I ever taught them so. In fact, it is April, who is the one influencing her mei mei to be as girly as her. April kept telling May that this is meant for boys, and that is meant for girls most of the time.
When jie jie wasn't at home, many times I noticed that May having a peep at Ben10 through Astro CH616.

They have just finished watching Barbie "Princess Charm School" recently. Let see what the girls were inspired by Barbie.
 1. April wrote me a note to remind me to call them "Princess April" and "Princess May".  I kept forgetting because I am not used to call them so. However, I would suddenly remember when I wanted them to help me putting the laundry away or pouring me a glass of water.
 2. April drew a portrait of Lady Royal, Delancy. The 2nd main character in "Princess Charm School".
 3. April drew a portrait of Princess Sophie a.k.a Blair, the 1st main character in "Princess Charm School". The toga gown is quite similar to the first picture.
 4. April and May have started to walk  and sit very straight, just like the training that Barbie had gone through in "Princess Charm School".
I can tell they are always princesses in the house.

There's a princess in every girl  ~~  Barbie

18 comments:

  1. Too cute lah your princesses. They behave so lady-like...that should be the way. :) Gwen is the opposite..she loathes princesses and Barbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it - my girl only 2 already want to be a princess. And she's wanting everything in pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both the true princess in your heart don't they? May Princess May and Princess April live happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's normal for every girl to act like Barbie! I remember I was like that when I was a kid, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girl is into princess and barbie, ben10 and mcqueen, too! hahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I jelos betul lah,, you know everytime I look at those pretty girls,i really wish I had one or two,,,,,,sigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, of course girls will be girls and boys will be boys.. it's perfectly normal that they love girly things and princess characters.. it would be interesting if they would love transformers and thundercats.. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there,

    wow! nice drawings and they even imagine themselves as princess?

    My boy is not watching Ben10 either. I didn't let him. He watches Disney Channel because i want him to be good in English.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, both of them can draw very well.. at least they have each other to play with... my girl never play with barbie dolls or cooking sets, maybe bec she has two brothers.. hahaa...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sheoh yan, you got great looking girls there, and just like girls everywhere, its Barbie dolls, and anything 'girly'.
    If they start looking at cowboy or detective movies and love toy guns, than you get worried, ha ha ha.
    Have fun, kids grow up real fast....

    Next day they'll be watching Brad Pitt or Daniel Craig movies, ha ha ha.
    You stay young, stay beautiful.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. two cute princesses are such a good gift for u ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehehe.... watching Barbie is way better than Powerpuff Girls; my girl opts for the latter, hence she is more rough and less lady like.

    lol @ Lee's comment on Brad Pitt and Daniel Craig. The time is approaching soon, in a very fast path :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems to be that April is more girly than May. It's good to be girly girl because that's exactly what a girl should be.

    My girl is also into Disney Princess and Barbie although she doesn't watch the shows much. I'm glad that she's a girly girl too..:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice drawings like the big eyes..they are the Princess and you the Queen haha. Great training to have good postures to sit straight at all the times.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww...so sweet. Girls are girls and I love seeing mine dress up as a princess :) hey, the pretty skirt on April looks familiar :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh yes, there's a princess in every girl and i think many girls would love to dream becoming a real 'princess' too! just like when kate williams got married, i think so many girls envy her!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two little sweet princesses in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha...both are so cute. And i love their drawings. So nice. My boy don't really fancy Ben 10. He prefer tom & jerry and mr bean cartoon.

    ReplyDelete