2011-12-23

Pyslla Beads

Seldom there is any toy which can keep my 7 years old busy for many hours, ever since she has outgrown most of the toys like Barbie, Lego, Puzzles,Play Dough and stuffed  toys at home. However, Play is still important for the development of children.  During my previous trip to KL in November, I managed to buy Pyslla Beads and its boards from IKEA. When I bought, I was still wondering whether they would like it.
During this school holiday, apart from watching TV, computer games, practising piano, doing exercises in workbooks and reading, she spent most of her free time working on pyslla beads.
So far, she has managed to do Red Angry Bird, Yellow Angry Bird, Hello Kitty, Bear, Minnie Mouse, and Smurfs.
April is getting good in doing pyslla beads. May has also picked up the skill from her big sister.
I have a pair of clumsy hands with 10 big fingers. I can't able to do this job well. So, I only help them to iron when they have done.
I have made use some of their pyslla bead work as a cup coaster in my office. I have also transformed some into key chains. April wants to give away some of the key chains to her classmates when the school reopens in another 2 weeks time.

16 comments:

  1. First of all, many thanks again for helping to carry a box of pyssla beads back for me :p

    My girl did a few designs only. Then I ban her from playing with the beads when her didi is around. He's a gozilla who will destroy anything in his path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah seh, man. In your last photo you revealed your password 'terang-terang', leh. Wrote there, "Password" some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice activity to kill time!

    Ya, password written clearly there, LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe, bored with all their toys already and now changing to pyslla beads?? actually i think it's fun to play with that, more practical.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, angry bird!! angry birds there are!! angry bird is everywhere, haha, no surprise they will make some angry birds with the beads.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. oopss!! you are revealing your password in the last photo!! let me fast fast copy down first, hehehe~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great activity to develop creativity. Your girls are really good... I especially like the Angry Birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. April is very creative. Her designs are very nice! This container of Pyssla beads can last a very long time too. After playing with it for so long and making hundreds of things, we still have half a jar left :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww that's nice, and i feel like buying some for myself to play too :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. New toy game interesting idea to keep the children occupied productively. May get one for myself haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very good activity to keep them occupied! I want to do this so badly, but I can expect the tiny beads will end up in my boy's tummy instead. :(

    Merry X'mas and Happy New Year to you and your family, Sheoh Yan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. must be very interesting n lovely timepass to your kids..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  13. so nice the smurf! love pyslla beads, they are so addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fun and interesting but I yet to go Ikea to get the beads...Just wait for the school holidays over and I can start to wander around the mall jor..ehheehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. my 5 yr old girl loves psylla beads... nice works done by your 2 girls.

    mk mummy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everytime i read about this beads, i have the urge to buy for my kids. But am not sure if both my kids will love them. The beads done by April and May looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete