2012-01-17

Such a sweet darling

April is such sweet darling daughter to me.

Story 1
I wanted April and May to take a nap with me on a Saturday afternoon. If they took a nap, I offered to give them both a massage before bedtime that night. I would usually rub their back and tummy with the black colour Chinese traditional oil (minyak angin). They love me massaging them this way. Upon hearing this offer, they quickly went to sleep,  but I couldn't doze off at all that afternoon. I was so tired in the evening and felt regret to offer them the massage, as I had to stay up a bit late to give both of them the massage.

Darling April noticed my tiredness. She said, "Mummy, you don't need to give me a massage. If May wants, you just massage her. Let me give you a massage."
True enough, when May and her father had gone to sleep. April gave me a massage on my shoulder, my back, my hands and my legs. She even put some lotion on my foot. While she massaging me, she asked me a few times, "Mummy, are you feeling better? Do you feel more comfortable now?"
Before we both off the light, I thanked her, she said, "You're welcome, mummy."
Mummy was touched.
Story 2
When the school reopened, I told April that I didn't want her to be the class monitor. I wanted  her to concentrate on her study. Actually I didn't want her to get disappointed, what if she was not being chosen by the teacher again. ( She wasn't the class monitor last year)  On the second week of school, I noticed that she had a new class monitor. When I asked her, she said that the teacher asked her to be the class monitor this time, but she rejected the teacher as mummy didn't allow.
I feel so sorry for her, as I know she wants so much to take the responsibility to be the class leader. I am the one stopping her from exercising her leadership. What a bad mum I am!

Mummy said, "Sorry, sorry."
April said, "Why sorry?"
Mummy said, "Because of me, now you can't be the class monitor, teacher has chosen someone else. You have to wait for another time."
April said, "It is ok, mummy. I will pray to Amituofo, one day I sure can be the class monitor."
Mummy teary eyes.

21 comments:

  1. April is really a sweet and matured girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so mature and thoughful, unlike the rascal back in my home....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touching.. You're so lucky to have such a sweet lovely girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only all kids are so understanding like little April!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh!! Such a good daughter. You have a fine daughter, don't worry too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. April is really a good girl, and also sweet too!! guess you have no problem at all bringing her up..

    ReplyDelete
  7. wah, not bad at all huh.. you promised to massage the sisters but then ended up you gain a good massage from April.. both physically and mentally contended right??

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm, for the second story, i think you are not doing right.. instead of telling her that you do not want her to become monitor because you are afraid that she might get disappointed, i think you should be frank with her.. since she's so understanding, i guess you should bring her up by open communication.. this will be more effective.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She so sweet indeed - a testament of what a great mom you've been to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sob sob.....uncle Pete eyes also teary liao.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. April is mummy's girl. She has grown up. Looks like she put you first before self. Such sacrifice at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sweeeeeeet of your lil darling..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww....ur girl is so sweet. I guess it's always nice to have girls around,hor..hhehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, April is very sweet girl indeed! She is very "guai" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so blessed to have such a thoughtful and smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your girl is very thoughtful, considerate and sweet! I'm really touched, esp with the 1st story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never mind la.. There's always next time. Ian oso didn't get chosen as class monitor though he was among the shortlisted 5. He says perhaps he's not popular enough as his class teacher let the class did the voting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's such a thoughtful girl. April will grow up to be a very fine young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You must be parenting right my dear. Your daughter is a thoughtful, considerate and wonderful person. Please give her a big hug for me. Tell her Aunty Quay Po is very proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  20. she's really a darling! sometimes kids can just be so thoughtful and generous at heart than adults!

    ReplyDelete