2012-02-27

It's the heart that counts

I would like to thank all of you for the greetings that you left on my blog, my FB wall, and SMS. It  means a lot to me and I really appreciate it. To all my readers and friends, thanks for your kind thoughts that you wrote in the comment on all my posts. Thanks for the support and being there.

Other than the loots and gifts, which I mentioned in my earlier post, I received 2 parcels last week. Both sent from KL to my doorstep. How lucky I am to know people like them!
First parcel contains of recipe books for me.  The reader sure knows that cooking and baking are my resolution for year 2012.
The reader remembers my princesses' interests too. She included Disney Princesses story books and craft art books in the parcel. Thanks a million, the Little Sprouts' mummy. When Alice posted about her loots in the book sales recently, I was drooling over her loots. It is very kind of Alice to share parts of her loots with me. Alice, you've really made my day!
The second parcel arrived one day prior to my Birthday. A blue matching earring and necklace from Quay Po. It is simply gorgeous. Quay Po had a quiz in her blog to guess which pair of sandals was hers. None of us was guessing it right, but she still gave gifts to all her readers who took part. Thank you so much for your warmth thoughts and kindness.
I ordered myself a homemade heart shape carrot walnut cake from a friend. Since it was my big day, I chose the flavour that I like. My girls and my husband didn't really flavour this type of cake.  They found it too rich. They only appreciate simple cake.
My brother and girl friend came and joined us for the cake cutting session. They bought us the very controversial KFC. Thanks, brother.
My two lovely girls gave me their handmade cards. They did these cards during December school holiday. They kept these cards as the top secret. They locked themselves in the room for several days. April, a few times wanted to reveal the card to me, as she didn't have the patience to wait till February. It was me to hold on her and want her to keep it as a surprise till last Saturday.
This is the content of April's. I especially like the wording, "妈妈,我很爱您。".
This is the content of Lil May's card. Both of them had used up all their most favourite stickers to make my cards. This was what they told me. When my brother and girl friend left, they both ran to me, wished me, kissed me and hugged me, with these cards on their hands. Kids are so cute. They are gifts from heaven. I Love them.

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday.. Nice celebration you had with family. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice gifts you've got~

    I wonder how is the carrot walnut cake taste like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birthday pressies kept on pouring in :) Yes, the last surprise cards are the most valuable ones.

    You are so blessed and loved by many, including me <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hheheh...me too prefer rich and moist cake. Birthday girl always got the priority to choose her cake oohh..aahahh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, kids presents are priceless. Very nice presents you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya so many birthday presents...Of cos those lil gals handmade birthday card is the most precious one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lucky gal you are. The cards from your little ones are priceless. :) Glad you had a memorable birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i love the handmade cards. They are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Receiving gifts from friends are so wonderful. KFC ! It's been a long time I have not eat KFC....haha

    The homemade cards from your girls are so valuable. Must file them up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you had lots of books there, i will be expecting more glorious food from your blog then :D

    Latest: Customizable Irish Sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehe... I m happy for u....
    D best gift of all... The loves frm family n friends...

    ReplyDelete
  12. fuyoh, and i thot the previous post has enough birthday gifts, so this post continues to show off huh?? hahahaha~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. so nice to get those birthday gifts, but i think the two DIY cards from your girls must be the best?? oooh, i like that one with doraemon sticker, hahahaha~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday!

    Wah KFC.....eh no need to fight for it ah? he he he

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yan, only friendly and helpful people will have so many thoughtful friends surrounding. So you deserved it and I do feel lucky to know you too.

    Once again, Happy Birthday and Forever Young.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday once again! I am so glad the surprise gift came in time for your birthday! Those handmade cards from your girls are priceless! Not only are your kiddies are gift from heaven to you, you are to them too!

    ReplyDelete